DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Introducing the Hextronics Global

hextronics

Reactions
Hey everyone, I'm Frank from Hextronics, and I'm here to introduce you to our new battery swapping Drone-in-a-Box product, the Hextronics Global! We pride ourselves in developing an innovative product at an affordable cost with the highest quality possible. Hextronics was started by a team of engineers to develop great products that enable aerial autonomy in the drone industry. The Hextronics Global has also been designed with the Mavic 2 as its main drone, and pre-owned drones will integrate seamless into the Global.

You can read all about the Hextronics Global here:

And you can see it in action in this explanatory video:

Some of the awesome features of the Hextronics Global are:
- Battery Swapping in less than 90 seconds
- 99.9% accurate automated landing
- Scheduling and running autonomous flight missions using FlytNow flight software
- 4G LTE Connectivity
- Temperature package that allows for operation in -30f to 150f

ezgif.com-gif-maker (4).gif

ezgif.com-gif-maker (6).gif

You can order your Hextronics Global at our online shop here. We are running an early adopter special for the next two weeks, where you can get a Hextronics Global for $9,999 instead of the retail price of $11,999.

Thank you for reading this post and checking out the Hextronics Global! If you have any questions I will be happy to answer them. :)

Okay, I just watched your video and I have to say those are some very impressive functions and features, the your system can carry out. I think you must have the only system that can do such a thing. Looked like it was a windy day, with the wind blowing the trees on the landing. Yep, I'm impressed. Good luck.

BTW, What powers that box you store the drone and batteries in and what stops someone walking up and picking it up and taking it away?

BTW, What powers that box you store the drone and batteries in and what stops someone walking up and picking it up and taking it away?
Hey Cymruflyer,
We actually power the box through a 120V standard wall outlet. The box itself weighs 70 pounds and can be bolted down, so there is no worry of someone just coming and taking the box. There is also GPS tracking on it, so even if there was an extremely rare situation that it gets moved or stolen, you would know where the box is at all times!

Hey Cymruflyer,
We actually power the box through a 120V standard wall outlet. The box itself weighs 70 pounds and can be bolted down, so there is no worry of someone just coming and taking the box. There is also GPS tracking on it, so even if there was an extremely rare situation that it gets moved or stolen, you would know where the box is at all times!

Ahh I see 120V, because in the video it did not look like there was any cable going to the box. You may want to think about a dual voltage system though like 120-240V so that you can offer it to other countries beside the USA.

As for GPS tracking, all you need to do is wrap it in foil or put it in another metal box and there goes your GPS tracking capability. I'm surprised no one has thought about that.

Hey Cymruflyer,

There seems to be a lot of metal around the drone as well in that box and the robotic battery changer, so I'm surprised all that metal has not compromised the compass system on the drone. How did you get around that problem because often, just rebar under concrete can screw up the drone's compass when placed on the ground, getting ready for take off?

Last edited:
There seems to be a lot of metal around the drone as well in that box and the robotic battery changer, so I'm surprised all that metal has not compromised the compass system on the drone. How did you get around that problem because often, just rebar under concrete can screw up the drone's compass when placed on the ground, getting ready for take off?

And the heat in the box in sunlight, great for cooking all those batteries and the aircraft itself. Not to mention ‘Autonomous’ control is not legal in more than a few countries where VLOS is a requirement.

How weather-tight & dust proof is the box?

And Prop guards required….

Reactions: kidroc
Looks like an overpriced solution looking for a problem.
Sites that can't afford on site security guards but it would also greatly reduce the liability when complimenting on site guards as well. The guards will have over all better site awareness and it can patrol almost 24/7. Critical infrastructure already uses drones and pilots to inspect their equipment. Agriculture benefits greatly with increased visibility over their entire crop in a shorter amount of time (plus thermal imaging for hot spots to try and prevent crop loss) and more often plus it can count animals or vehicles or anything else.

The inclement weather problem is the thing to overcome here.

And the heat in the box in sunlight, great for cooking all those batteries and the aircraft itself. Not to mention ‘Autonomous’ control is not legal in more than a few countries where VLOS is a requirement.

How weather-tight & dust proof is the box?

And Prop guards required….
It has a heater and air conditioning unit inside of it for that.

BVLOS is coming. Amazon wants to deliver with autonomous drones.

Prop guards are for proper positioning every time the drone docks in the bay.

This is the future.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu