DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Introducing the new Cyclone Antenna System

Just to be clear you had the longest flight with the *stock* controller?

I personally haven't found the limits of the stock or modified remotes. My issue is always battery.

However I just got 4 4.0 MS's and 2 5.2 MS's. I'm hoping for better results.

For some reason when I try to do two 3.0's I get a weird error.

At some point I'm going to push both of them their edge by doing a 1 way flight!

Sorry - it was a little unclear which controller was used with the alternating dialog.

I re synced the stock controller and left the Titan on.

It's hard to alternate because you have to either set one as a slave controller or re sync. It's a pain.

I got that part but in the process of flying you noticed the interference.
You shut it down and noted the interference went away and you continued your flight.
This made the "afterwards" part a little vague - after the interference stopped same flight or a subsequent flight.

I installed my antenna last night and tested it, I went in a direction where I would have to fly at 400 feet of altitude in order to reach my destination, 1 mile away. Well, with the amplified antenna, I flew at an altitude of 290 feet and reached my destination. This is in an urban environment. Guess you can say I am happy with this antenna. It is bigger than I though, but I like how everything is built in and how easy it comes on and off.

Reactions: MrsTreat
C'mon - it was a valid point. DJI produced videos of their products as well as just about anyone who sells tech stuff.
With a cost of over $200 I would hope there's be something published to substantiate teh claims of it being better than the stock setup other than a winning smile and a promise.

Go back and read TLS's posts in some of the Titan topics here. Mostly criticism and very little of it is constructive so I'm with SRJ on this one. TLS should put his money where his keyboard is and post a video. Yes, maybe TItan Drones wants to let the customers do the advertising. If the product and service is good, they don't need to post videos. Word of mouth has worked great for my company. As soon as I get my ducks in a row, I plans to do a video. Btw, James is sending me a new system not on the market that is arriving today and that is what I will be reviewing.

Reactions: SRJ_Mavic_PRO
Go back and read TLS's posts in some of the Titan topics here. Mostly criticism and very little of it is constructive so I'm with SRJ on this one. TLS should put his money where his keyboard is and post a video. Yes, maybe TItan Drones wants to let the customers do the advertising. If the product and service is good, they don't need to post videos. Word of mouth has worked great for my company. As soon as I get my ducks in a row, I plans to do a video. Btw, James is sending me a new system not on the market that is arriving today and that is what I will be reviewing.
I get excessive criticism - it's annoying. But you shouldn't dismiss a statement when it's valid because the guy has annoyed you.
Do you manufacture technical stuff - or just resale? World of difference - sales depends on word of mouth to a large degree. Something you have to plonk down $250+ for should have some facts and figures to back it up - otherwise it comes across as snake oil. That's not to say that I think this is one of those products - I've been in private conversation with the guy and I think he has a genuine product. But, that doesn't let him off the hook for proving claims. One might in a reasonable conversation ask why hasn't he provided this info? Surely a person engaging in microwave RF work with antennas should have field patterns and db charts to show test results - otherwise how do you evaluate your progress when designing it?
I would consider it a poor business model to depend on some random person installing my product and depending on them to issue a favorable review. The guy could have two left thumbs and totally booger the installation then complain to high heaven about how bad it is. Then the other extreme depends on cognitive dissonance - I spent $250 and modified my controller - so it's *gotta* go further - right?
Why would you not expect the person who designed and manufactured the item to show his cards up front?

Hi guys, I rarely post in this forum, just lurk. There's a lot of good members on here but a lot of times they get overshadowed by all the trolls and people hating on new products and ideas.

I live in a highly congested wi-Fi area and do most of my flying in urban and city areas. For the most part this Cyclone performs really well especially at low altitude. Since I do most of my flying in the urban and city I like to stay very stealthy out of sight. The Cyclone allows me to do that with its small size, quick set up and good range. The Cyclone is not my best antenna set up for penetration. That would be my Maxx UAV ItElite MaxxRange Panel amplified. But it's hard to stay stealth with it.

If I could only keep one antenna system for where I like fly and video, it would be definitely be the Cyclone.

Below are hey list of amplified antenna systems I have

Maxx UAV ItElite MaxxRange Panel Antenna
Maxx UAV ITE-DBS02.2 Antenna
REXUAV PURE SILVER 2.4 Ghz long range Circular Polarized Helical antennas
Titan Drones COMMAND Case
Titan Drones Cyclone
IMG_7491.JPG

I installed my antenna last night and tested it, I went in a direction where I would have to fly at 400 feet of altitude in order to reach my destination, 1 mile away. Well, with the amplified antenna, I flew at an altitude of 290 feet and reached my destination. This is in an urban environment. Guess you can say I am happy with this antenna. It is bigger than I though, but I like how everything is built in and how easy it comes on and off.

How long did it take you to update your controller?

I get excessive criticism - it's annoying. But you shouldn't dismiss a statement when it's valid because the guy has annoyed you.
Do you manufacture technical stuff - or just resale? World of difference - sales depends on word of mouth to a large degree. Something you have to plonk down $250+ for should have some facts and figures to back it up - otherwise it comes across as snake oil. That's not to say that I think this is one of those products - I've been in private conversation with the guy and I think he has a genuine product. But, that doesn't let him off the hook for proving claims. One might in a reasonable conversation ask why hasn't he provided this info? Surely a person engaging in microwave RF work with antennas should have field patterns and db charts to show test results - otherwise how do you evaluate your progress when designing it?
I would consider it a poor business model to depend on some random person installing my product and depending on them to issue a favorable review. The guy could have two left thumbs and totally booger the installation then complain to high heaven about how bad it is. Then the other extreme depends on cognitive dissonance - I spent $250 and modified my controller - so it's *gotta* go further - right?
Why would you not expect the person who designed and manufactured the item to show his cards up front?

I have or currently handle all aspects of my business. My company has been in business since 1972. I've owned the business since 1992. I do or have done manufacturing, installation, sales/repair/troubleshooting and spend much time with my customers. We have never advertised. I know that is unusual but if you have excellent product and service, it sells itself. I've been in contact with James discussing this very subject. I have absolutely no problem with constructive criticism but the person I'm talking about has had very little to say but negative connotations. I have to say to his credit that he has been much better lately and I appreciate that. Btw, I have kept my mouth shut about what James and I have been discussing because of what has transpired. The first Cyclone didn't work for me. James sent a 2nd one (overnighted it even when I told them it wasn't necessary.) this didn't solve my issue either. He sent a call tag for the 2 units and again with me telling him just to send normal USPS, sends me a new system (a powered whip system) overnight again. Now that's the best customer service I have ever experienced in my life!
I tested the new system and it worked awesome! I was getting about the same distance with the Cyclone as stock (around 5000ft give or take thru an area with a decent amount of tall trees. Tonight on the same course I went over 9000ft! I was patient and they solved my issue! Hopefully you now understand why I think this business is special.

Hi guys, I rarely post in this forum, just lurk. There's a lot of good members on here but a lot of times they get overshadowed by all the trolls and people hating on new products and ideas.
Nice setups you have there and thanks for the recommendation.
However I'm of the opinion it's not *hating* by asking for some basic information on which to base an intelligent buying decision.

Nice setups you have there and thanks for the recommendation.
However I'm of the opinion it's not *hating* by asking for some basic information on which to base an intelligent buying decision.

If you are referring to me, I don't hate anyone. Sorry if you took it that way. I just would like to see forums be what they were originally intended to be. A helping hand and an "attaboy" to each other, not finding fault. I don't apologize for this as I grew up with it. My father was like this to my mother. Almost every single meal he would say to my mother, "this tastes good but if you put this and this and this in it, it would be great."

Reactions: Brojon and MrsTreat
I have a question on the Cyclone. If the battery runs out of juice or the unit is turned off will the system work say like a "Control " no amp model still performing to stock or slightly better?

My Cyclone will be here next week installed on my Inspire 1 V2 remote. I have the same stock Inspire 1 V2 remote already so can compare them same time/same location.

I'm considering buying a second Mavic controller already mod from titans website also so I can use Cyclone on both. I may wait till next week and see how the two Inspire remotes compare head to head to see if it helps in my area.

I flew my stock Mavic today in a wooded area of our property the trees kill the range here. More open areas the Mavic has no issue with range but today I lost signal at 2000ft.

Some areas are just tough wifi range wise. If I could get another 1000Ft in those tough spots I would be happy.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrsTreat

I live in a highly congested wi-Fi area and do most of my flying in urban and city areas. For the most part this Cyclone performs really well especially at low altitude. Since I do most of my flying in the urban and city I like to stay very stealthy out of sight. The Cyclone allows me to do that with its small size, quick set up and good range. The Cyclone is not my best antenna set up for penetration. That would be my Maxx UAV ItElite MaxxRange Panel amplified. But it's hard to stay stealth with it.

If I could only keep one antenna system for where I like fly and video, it would be definitely be the Cyclone.

Below are hey list of amplified antenna systems I have

Maxx UAV ItElite MaxxRange Panel Antenna
Maxx UAV ITE-DBS02.2 Antenna
REXUAV PURE SILVER 2.4 Ghz long range Circular Polarized Helical antennas
Titan Drones COMMAND Case
Titan Drones Cyclone
View attachment 20967
Nice setups indeed. I ve also tried many. My choice would be the rexxuav boosted, chopped in half with the arrays mounted 3 feet apart on a cf plate...but not really portable.

I have a question on the Cyclone. If the battery runs out of juice or the unit is turned off will the system work say like a "Control " no amp model still performing to stock or slightly better?

My Cyclone will be here next week installed on my Inspire 1 V2 remote. I have the same stock Inspire 1 V2 remote already so can compare them same time/same location.

I'm considering buying a second Mavic controller already mod from titans website also so I can use Cyclone on both. I may wait till next week and see how the two Inspire remotes compare head to head
If the cyclone battery is gone you have no longer RC. Make sure RTH settings done properly, check 3x!
The beauty of Cyclone is, when such thing occurs, that you can snap off the panel and snap on dipoles in under 10 seconds. Not good for the tx/rx unit in the remote but you ll regain control. Still the RTH of the mavic has proven so reliable that the above mentioned is another failsafe.

If the cyclone battery is gone you have no longer RC. Make sure RTH settings done properly, check 3x!
The beauty of Cyclone is, when such thing occurs, that you can snap off the panel and snap on dipoles in under 10 seconds. Not good for the tx/rx unit in the remote but you ll regain control. Still the RTH of the mavic has proven so reliable that the above mentioned is another failsafe.

Yep, the RTH is awesome on the Mavic I've tested it many times already. LOL

I ordered the whip antennas also and will keep them in my flight case. I built my own control/flightbtype hard case So have it setup every time I fly.

I have or currently handle all aspects of my business. My company has been in business since 1972. I've owned the business since 1992. I do or have done manufacturing, installation, sales/repair/troubleshooting and spend much time with my customers. We have never advertised. I know that is unusual but if you have excellent product and service, it sells itself. I've been in contact with James discussing this very subject. I have absolutely no problem with constructive criticism but the person I'm talking about has had very little to say but negative connotations. I have to say to his credit that he has been much better lately and I appreciate that. Btw, I have kept my mouth shut about what James and I have been discussing because of what has transpired. The first Cyclone didn't work for me. James sent a 2nd one (overnighted it even when I told them it wasn't necessary.) this didn't solve my issue either. He sent a call tag for the 2 units and again with me telling him just to send normal USPS, sends me a new system (a powered whip system) overnight again. Now that's the best customer service I have ever experienced in my life!
I tested the new system and it worked awesome! I was getting about the same distance with the Cyclone as stock (around 5000ft give or take thru an area with a decent amount of tall trees. Tonight on the same course I went over 9000ft! I was patient and they solved my issue! Hopefully you now understand why I think this business is special.

Btw, there was nothing wrong with the Cyclone. It's just not the best unit for my situation. It probably works great (and I think some of you have shared this) in more urban areas with lots of RF. I'm in a rural area with little RF and lots of trees.

If you are referring to me, I don't hate anyone. Sorry if you took it that way. I just would like to see forums be what they were originally intended to be. A helping hand and an "attaboy" to each other, not finding fault. I don't apologize for this as I grew up with it. My father was like this to my mother. Almost every single meal he would say to my mother, "this tastes good but if you put this and this and this in it, it would be great."
Sorry, not directed at you - this:
There's a lot of good members on here but a lot of times they get overshadowed by all the trolls and people hating on new products and ideas
We're all good.

Reactions: scottebay
I got that part but in the process of flying you noticed the interference.
You shut it down and noted the interference went away and you continued your flight.
This made the "afterwards" part a little vague - after the interference stopped same flight or a subsequent flight.

It was immediately after take off, while I was situating everything.

As soon as I pushed forward I noticed it.

Listen @scottebay I never, (and I mean never) spoke ill of Titan or their products. I've never changed. I did share my skeptism for the YouTube video, on a new YouTube account raving about it. Still do. It looks fishy. But that's my opinion. I don't have to agree with you.

You just simply put, are talking out your you know what.

What I DID SAY, and I still say is, when people are asking "should I get this or...." I made mention that I don't think Titan has enough "word of mouth" #1 and #2, not enough factual based videos to back up the claims. Still stand by that, but you're right that's changing!

Lastly, (as this is the last I will say to you, who is the definition of a troll, posting to cause trouble and get a reaction), I told people wanting to buy ANY antenna system that you'd be hard pressed to beat the Stock Mavic Ocusync system. That I still stand by also. The top of the modded leaderboard is and was had more Stock controllers than modded. With that being said I get the penetration need. But that's not what I was speaking to. So, IF you were going to pop your controller and do any mod, a Titan is more risky than Say a DBS boosted. Because of the large following, and tons of videos to prove it. Again, Puten, my opinion. Not yours.

So you and your friend @SRJ_Mavic_PRO like to troll my posts and put worlds and statements in my mouth that I simply did not say. My statements were to advise that you should ensure you can get all you can get out of a stock controller before going this route.

But to you and your friends despair, I put my money where my mouth was and bought not only a Cyclone antenna, oh and I also bought a controller and did the Mod myself.

So far, I love it. I think it's well built, well designed and fun to play with. I will test it to its max and video it, when the weather here allows me to. It's been 110 to 115 everyday and my bird don't like it that warm.

So keep my name out of your mouth. Please and thank you.

#notrollingzone Scotty.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98