DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Introducing the new Cyclone Antenna System

I've learned a lot from this thread. Would love the reviews and tech stuff to keep rolling if possible.

I'm sure they will Treat but without all the bickering .:)
I hope

Reactions: MrsTreat
Well hopefully this is helpful. I will say I am disappointed, I thought there was going to be magic. Distance I did better with stock antenna's rather than the Cyclone, the only thing I noticed and it's hard to really qualify since I never really recorded was closer in the neighborhood I can fly/hover closer to the ground with trees, houses, etc in the LOS and still have full bars at 1000' at 10'-15' off the ground. I flew over to a shopping center and hovered down to 11' and watched a guy change a stop sign in the parking lot I was at ~1100'. I tried the flat panel twice and tried to pay attention to the altitude more to make more of a comparison. I was flying above 400' but I was trying to stretch it as far as possible. I did one run with the whip antenna's I found them to work just as good as the flat panel antenna. I want to fly out somewhere safe and turn the flat panel off and see if there is a definite change, I am curious if the amplifiers are even working. I flew around the neighborhood and didn't even realize I didn't have the amp turned on at one point.

If anyone knows of something I maybe did wrong on need more info just let me know. I have full videos of all the flights with DU recorder.

Attachments

• Flat panel2.jpg
    Flat panel2.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 53
  • flatpanel 1.jpg
    flatpanel 1.jpg
    413.2 KB · Views: 62
  • panel weather 2.jpg
    panel weather 2.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 55
  • panel weather.jpg
    panel weather.jpg
    405.3 KB · Views: 59
  • stock weather.jpg
    stock weather.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 56
  • stock weather2.jpg
    stock weather2.jpg
    401.5 KB · Views: 61
  • stock.jpg
    stock.jpg
    349.5 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
I'm not even in this but I have to ask you . Have you ever flew with a panel before . I mean it's not like it's going to be magic just putting one on . I have 3 on phantoms and about all I have ever done was distance test here as I have the space to do so .Though not this one but to me a panel is a panel and you have to really aim it . Took me a few trips to figure it out but when I did it was gold to me . It also looks like to me you're flying over a high wifi area . Try in another spot .
Here I don't have a need for this panel as just stock I can go here as far as my battery will let me with full bars but I am in a no noise area .
It will go over 4 miles stock low .
Just my 2 cents and might wish I had kept them .

Reactions: rotor
I would have to agree with Dirks advice. I have been flying the Cyclone for a few weeks now and while I am still happy with my decision it is Very specific in how you aim it. Unlike the stock setup which I could basically lay in the grass and fly. (No I didn’t do that!). Point is it Does require a far different technique than stock to get its full potential. If you fly 1 mile out and turn your body 90 degrees you lost all signal. Not saying to do that but this type of accessory requires a different more focused commitment. If you can accept that the results (for me) have been stellar.

Reactions: dirkclod
I think he was right about the interference, seems I was losing my signal in the same place no matter what.

I understand/knew I needed to aim the RC I was already using parabolic antenna booster same principal. Just thought I should have made better distance with the Cyclone than stock given same direction and altitude. I was just trying to use distance as a test given distance and alt are real numbers I can quantify. I am not that concerned about distance if I need or want to look at something 3 miles away I'll just drive and fly there.

I am still happy with it as I did point out I am able to keep a signal better at lower altitude closer than I could with stock.

Last edited:
I would have to agree with Dirks advice. I have been flying the Cyclone for a few weeks now and while I am still happy with my decision it is Very specific in how you aim it. Unlike the stock setup which I could basically lay in the grass and fly. (No I didn’t do that!). Point is it Does require a far different technique than stock to get its full potential. If you fly 1 mile out and turn your body 90 degrees you lost all signal. Not saying to do that but this type of accessory requires a different more focused commitment. If you can accept that the results (for me) have been stellar.

It's a stronger signal, mostly at LOS. You can't drop behind a building and expect to have signal.

The best way to describe it is like a laser beam. You get reflection through small openings in trees etc. but if drop and put too many things between you, it's going to do as the stock would do and you'll lose signal.

Reactions: SkyNinja
Just picked up an extra Mavic RC on eBay so I can send it off to Titan for the Cyclone antenna without having to be without my RC. From reading this thread and other threads on CP antennas with amps it seems like this will be the perfect option to help get better penetration through the dense trees here in suburban Connecticut. Currently getting approximately 3000 ft. out before video and RC drop, so hoping to at least get usable video and signal around that range with the mod.

Anyone unhappy with their Cyclone? Any reason other than portability to get the whip antennas with it (are there circumstances where these work better than the CP)? What is the approximate turnaround time for the mod (weeks, months)?

Thanks,
Joe

Just picked up an extra Mavic RC on eBay so I can send it off to Titan for the Cyclone antenna without having to be without my RC. From reading this thread and other threads on CP antennas with amps it seems like this will be the perfect option to help get better penetration through the dense trees here in suburban Connecticut. Currently getting approximately 3000 ft. out before video and RC drop, so hoping to at least get usable video and signal around that range with the mod.

Anyone unhappy with their Cyclone? Any reason other than portability to get the whip antennas with it (are there circumstances where these work better than the CP)? What is the approximate turnaround time for the mod (weeks, months)?

Thanks,
Joe

Are you getting the stock Cyclone or the one set up for whips? If you are having tree issues, you want the new amplified whip system.

Are you getting the stock Cyclone or the one set up for whips? If you are having tree issues, you want the new amplified whip system.

Titan Drones, Inc.

It asks if you want to include whip antennas for every day flying so I assume with the T-lock and quick connects you can swap out the CP antenna for whips, but I would think if I'm regularly flying in tree and wifi congrested areas it would make sense to use the CP antenna all the time. I'm not very mechanically inclined, so will be having the install done by the professionals, and will hang onto my stock RC for times I want to travel light and won't need the extra range.

-Joe

Titan Drones, Inc.

It asks if you want to include whip antennas for every day flying so I assume with the T-lock and quick connects you can swap out the CP antenna for whips, but I would think if I'm regularly flying in tree and wifi congrested areas it would make sense to use the CP antenna all the time. I'm not very mechanically inclined, so will be having the install done by the professionals, and will hang onto my stock RC for times I want to travel light and won't need the extra range.

-Joe

The stock Cyclone seems to work better in RF congested urban areas. I'm in a rural area and tried 2 Cyclones and they didn't work for tree penetration. The Cyclone with whips works WAY better for trees st least my experience.

Thanks,
Joe

I can't answer all your questions, but I did not go with the Whip antennas, the Cyclone is so easy to put on and take off, that I prefer using it all the time.

The Cyclone with whips works WAY better for trees st least my experience.

How does this work? Whips attach to Cyclone? Sorry if I missed any explanations to this setup. I just got back on forums after dealing with Hurricane Harvey (houston area).

Reactions: rotor
How does this work? Whips attach to Cyclone? Sorry if I missed any explanations to this setup. I just got back on forums after dealing with Hurricane Harvey (houston area).

They attach to side that faces away from you near the center.

They attach to side that faces away from you near the center.

These are prototypes correct? He amped whips?

I wonder why they work better through dense trees? Because they are not as directional?

I can't even fly my Cyclone. It's so hot here everything overheats and the Cyclone not having a cooling fan concerns me. Maybe need to make a shroud and put a small computer fan on it.

These are prototypes correct? He amped whips?

I wonder why they work better through dense trees? Because they are not as directional?

I can't even fly my Cyclone. It's so hot here everything overheats and the Cyclone not having a cooling fan concerns me. Maybe need to make a shroud and put a small computer fan on it.

Hey guys. Been busy but just caught up I think. We have a couple new products launching this week. One of which is an amplified whip solution. It is a separate product from the cylone. We developed it specifically if you have tree right in your face. So far it seems to do great in that environment because you aren't bouncing a laser off the first tree but rather radiating a signal through breaks in the foliage. Stay tuned but feel free to post pics of you have the samples.

Hey guys. Been busy but just caught up I think. We have a couple new products launching this week. One of which is an amplified whip solution. It is a separate product from the cylone. We developed it specifically if you have tree right in your face. So far it seems to do great in that environment because you aren't bouncing a laser off the first tree but rather radiating a signal through breaks in the foliage. Stay tuned but feel free to post pics of you have the samples.

Wow I didn't know that! Pretty cool. You guys are changing the game

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom