DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IPad mini 4 causing auto land

Merky1761

Reactions
I just got a mini 4 and when I attach it to the controller the mavic won't take off or it will auto land right away. What I found was the mini 4 was spreading the controller legs to far that it made the return to home button in the top left corner in-op. As soon as I remove the iPad the button works. Anyone have that problem?

I just got a mini 4 and when I attach it to the controller the mavic won't take off or it will auto land right away. What I found was the mini 4 was spreading the controller legs to far that it made the return to home button in the top left corner in-op. As soon as I remove the iPad the button works. Anyone have that problem?

Are you connecting the iPad to the input on the left side of the controller near the Return home button or using the USB port on the bottom of the remote control?

I read somewhere that the mini4 should be mounted so that the port is on your right. Something about the magnetic strip being farther away from the RC.

Reactions: mkdive
I read somewhere that the mini4 should be mounted so that the port is on your right. Something about the magnetic strip being farther away from the RC.
The port on the right makes the magnetic strip stay away from the RC and you can access the volume buttons on the iPad

Reactions: Michael Ainsworth
I have a ipad 4 mini and he works very well mounted with the port on the left without mavmoumt. I have not problems or malfuncions with my Mavic Pro, he flight over 700 km without any problems or disconnection.

Yeah I use a Mini 4, never had this problem, sounds like there is an issue with your controller. I put the port on the left as that way the volume buttons are on the bottom and more accessible. This is the first I am hearing port on right is better, I have never had any issues with the controller flying this way. What could be effected in the controller by magnets? If magnets were near the MP that would be a different story, but I doubt it would cause any issues with the controller.

Yeah I use a Mini 4, never had this problem, sounds like there is an issue with your controller. I put the port on the left as that way the volume buttons are on the bottom and more accessible. This is the first I am hearing port on right is better, I have never had any issues with the controller flying this way. What could be effected in the controller by magnets? If magnets were near the MP that would be a different story, but I doubt it would cause any issues with the controller.
The joy sticks are controlled with magnets.
Ipad Mini Magnet

Reactions: mkdive

I have read more than a few times at a few forums or groups of people having problems when iPad plug on left. Here is some more info:

Ipad Mini Magnet

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tore Korsnes