DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IPad Mini 4

Parrotoid

Reactions
I’d like to hear from anyone using an iPad Mini 4 with their MA2. How did connection and activation go for you? How are you finding the video during flight? Any other tips? Thanks for any feedback. I don’t need to hear how old my iPad is or about other model iPads. Thanks.

Search the forum. Plenty of posts on this already.
? I found one thread specific to the MA2/iPad mini 4 combo, and that had posters bringing in other drone models and iPad models. I found some useful info there.

if you know of other threads specific to iPad 4 and the MA2 combo, please share them. Otherwise, maybe someone who’s using that combo can post here. ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Gygax
I’d like to hear from anyone using an iPad Mini 4 with their MA2. How did connection and activation go for you? How are you finding the video during flight? Any other tips? Thanks for any feedback. I don’t need to hear how old my iPad is or about other model iPads. Thanks.

I have an iPad Mini 4 which I got from someone specifically for this drone.

Issue 1 - Figured out that I can't transfer the 4k footage to the iPad directly from the drone.

Issue 2 - I got the "CPU device fully loaded" problem. Basically, the Mini 4 can't handle all the processes needed to run DJI Fly App. I decided to take a flight last night, and as soon as I was about 200 feet away, got the error. According to a youtube video I saw, it has to do with AirSense being on. While I can turn off AirSense in the settings, I don't really want to. So, I guess I'm hunting for a new tablet. Might go with an iPad Mini 5.

Reactions: Parrotoid
I have an iPad Mini 4 which I got from someone specifically for this drone.

Issue 1 - Figured out that I can't transfer the 4k footage to the iPad directly from the drone.

Issue 2 - I got the "CPU device fully loaded" problem. Basically, the Mini 4 can't handle all the processes needed to run DJI Fly App. I decided to take a flight last night, and as soon as I was about 200 feet away, got the error. According to a youtube video I saw, it has to do with AirSense being on. While I can turn off AirSense in the settings, I don't really want to. So, I guess I'm hunting for a new tablet. Might go with an iPad Mini 5.
Thanks, Shazbot...exactly the stuff I’m wanting to know. I may just run it with my phone until I upgrade the iPad. The iPad mini 4 is on the list of compatible devices, but not going to practical if it errors constantly. When you got the “CPU device fully loaded” error, what did you do?

Reactions: Shazbot
Thanks, Shazbot...exactly the stuff I’m wanting to know. I may just run it with my phone until I upgrade the iPad. The iPad mini 4 is on the list of compatible devices, but not going to practical if it errors constantly. When you got the “CPU device fully loaded” error, what did you do?
Screen cut out. Almost like being out of range.

This guy shows the error.

I can’t fly any of my Mavic drones anymore with my IPad Mini 4 especially the Mavic Mini. While flying the Mavic Mini I get disconnected every flight. I get the CPU Fully Loaded on the Mavic Pro and Mavic 2 Pro. I have moved on to the IPad Air 3. I will say the IPad Mini 4 was fantastic when I first got it for the sole purpose of flying my drones. Nothing else was loaded onto it other then DJI Go.

Reactions: Gygax and Shazbot
I can’t fly any of my Mavic drones anymore with my IPad Mini 4 especially the Mavic Mini. While flying the Mavic Mini I get disconnected every flight. I get the CPU Fully Loaded on the Mavic Pro and Mavic 2 Pro. I have moved on to the IPad Air 3. I will say the IPad Mini 4 was fantastic when I first got it for the sole purpose of flying my drones. Nothing else was loaded onto it other then DJI Go.
Good point. I too had the mini 4 just for the DJI App. I factory reset it, updated to the latest iOS and installed DJI Fly. Nothing else was installed and I still had issues.

I also use the iPad Air 3 as a screen to fly, works great. If the rumors of the iPad Mini 6 turn out to be true with an 8.9" screen and the form factor like the 11" and 12.9" iPad Pro's that will be an insta-buy for me to fly with.

Reactions: burma419
Oops! He didn't want to hear that! ;)
"I don’t need to hear how old my iPad is or about other model iPads."
Guess he changed his mind! Thumbswayup
I’m not sure if you read Shazbot’s response or not, but he had a mini 4 and relayed his experience before discussing the mini 5. He actually took the time and made a response that was ON TOPIC...unlike many.

But you for your fantastic and well thought contribution to this thread. Just the kind of advice I was asking for. Thumbswayup ;)

Last edited:
I’m not sure if you read Shazbot’s response or not, but he had a mini 4 and relayed his experience before discussing the mini 5. He actually took the time and made a response that was ON TOPIC...unlike many.

But you for your fantastic and well thought contribution to this thread. Just the kind of advice I was asking for. Thumbswayup ;)
I could easily have told you the same thing, but you stated you weren't interested in it! ?
Your Mini 4 is a dinosaur, and needs to be replaced with a newer version, but you already knew that before you began this silly post, based upon your "I don’t need to hear how old my iPad is or about other model iPads."

And now you’re just trolling, but whatever makes you feel good.
I could easily have told you the same thing, but you stated you weren't interested in it! ?
Your Mini 4 is a dinosaur, and needs to be replaced with a newer version, but you already knew that before you began this silly post, based upon your "I don’t need to hear how old my iPad is or about other model iPads."
Your posts on this thread have had no purpose except to troll me, someone with 0 drone experience trying to make informed decision. Perhaps my post was “silly” to you. Do you really feel the need to troll it? It’s responses such as this that make forums unpleasant. They are just unnecessary.

I've got no issues with mini 4, everything works as it should

My iPad Mini 4 is humming along nicely. I'm not a fan of the Apple IOS's but using the Mini 4 has been a huge upgrade from my Samsung Galaxy S9 flying my Mavic 2.

Reactions: crosswired
Am I right in thinking that the MA2 is the first DJI drone that uses h265 as the transmission codec?
If so then its no surprise older devices, those without native h265 hardware decoding built in, will struggle to play it back at 1080p...they're attempting to decode the live feed via software so it's no real surprise.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaleUt.