DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPhone to iPad upgrade

brokeone

Reactions
I am trolling for opinions on my plan to replace my iPhone XS Max with an iPad on my M2P. Do any of you use an iPad (not an Air) with a Thor's Drone World LifThor Mjolnir with their optional sunshade? Also, since my iPhone will still be with me, is there any reason I need to get the iPad with cellular?
Thanks for your help.

Reactions: old man mavic
You can't get iPad to do cellular phone, but 4G data works. If you want to make phone calls from your iPad, you have to sync it with your iPhone. But you can also share your hot spot connection on your iPhone with your iPad.

i have the new TDW device holder on order for my 9.7 pad it looks to be a good alternative to the type that fit in the arms of the old style controllers, my 9.7 6th gen ipad is WIFI only and works great for both the MPP and my MM

iPad mini4 would work well. Mini5 if you can afford it.
Cellular variety isn’t necessary but can help on resale.

I use a mini 4 with my Mavic 2 zoom. It's just the wifi version - no gps or cellular. I tether my phone to it so they can talk to each other and it works fine. The only limitation in my setup is that I can't do screen recordings well, but as I don't normally anyway that's no problem.

I have flown with a bigger tablet, but the 8" format works better for me.

The DJI app needs an internet connection to load the map. You don't need to have a map to fly the drone, but that's my preference.

So if you have a tablet that doesn't have cellular, if you tether it to your phone, the tablet will get the map for your location.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Piason