DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is anyone else experiencing frequent disconnections?

Reactions: m0j0
I'm thinking it comes down to poor support for newer versions of Android. My Nexus 7 didn't have any issues when I connected it up. App & firmware updates will probably fix it. Still haven't got any news on my ticket.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using MavicPilots mobile app
Good point. I assume your 6P is running Android 7. What version?

I think of this because of Mavic new technology and how it works. I've been reading a lot because I'm expecting my Mavic soon and don't want to crash. I hope everything gets fix.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Good point. I assume your 6P is running Android 7. What version?
7.0 with October security patch on 6P, 6.0.1 on the Nexus 7. Also try rebooting right before you fly. I had the phantom 3 before the mavic and sometimes the 6P wouldn't even display video until I rebooted the phone. Did you re-install the app?

7.0 with October security patch on 6P, 6.0.1 on the Nexus 7. Also try rebooting right before you fly. I had the phantom 3 before the mavic and sometimes the 6P wouldn't even display video until I rebooted the phone. Did you re-install the app?

Got it--thanks! Nope, I'll give those things a try.

I also remembered something else: the first time I encountered the problem, along with the "battery error," my device constantly warned about insufficient storage space for cached video, or something along those lines. I wondered if that was causing a problem with the app, so I discovered a setting to remove old cached video files as necessary, as well as to increase the allowed storage capacity for cached video. That caused that particular error to go away, but didn't affect the disconnect issue.

Released in the last two hours? I flew again at noon hoping to troubleshoot and things got worse. Started OK with strong signals and connection, went into an orbit (POI) and then broke out to fly to another area when all the sudden, signal loss/battery error, check app error again. Hit return to home and what happen next really troubling because RTH always worked fine until today. The Mavic started back to home point but when it began to descent, it just started sipping on axis to the right. I hit stop/break tried to cancel RTH, but app disconnected. It just sat at altitude with RTH beeping and once it connected again I was able to fight it by continuously pinning the yaw stick to the left and forcing it down to land. This effort burned like 50% battery in 3 minutes of "aerial combat." I am really worried about this thing now and am reluctant to even put it up in the air until someone figures out what objectively is wrong. I did just update by DroidMaxx ad Android OS to latest last week sometime and wonder if it does have something to do with those latest versions. I suppose I should put in ticket to DJI at this point.

My brother also bought the Mavic and has latest iPhone. He is in Cali this week for work and reports his works completely reliable all week like a dream. I think I may try running mine off his iPhone when he gets back.

Good luck to all of you!

JC

Released in the last two hours? I flew again at noon hoping to troubleshoot and things got worse. Started OK with strong signals and connection, went into an orbit (POI) and then broke out to fly to another area when all the sudden, signal loss/battery error, check app error again. Hit return to home and what happen next really troubling because RTH always worked fine until today. The Mavic started back to home point but when it began to descent, it just started sipping on axis to the right. I hit stop/break tried to cancel RTH, but app disconnected. It just sat at altitude with RTH beeping and once it connected again I was able to fight it by continuously pinning the yaw stick to the left and forcing it down to land. This effort burned like 50% battery in 3 minutes of "aerial combat." I am really worried about this thing now and am reluctant to even put it up in the air until someone figures out what objectively is wrong. I did just update by DroidMaxx ad Android OS to latest last week sometime and wonder if it does have something to do with those latest versions. I suppose I should put in ticket to DJI at this point.

My brother also bought the Mavic and has latest iPhone. He is in Cali this week for work and reports his works completely reliable all week like a dream. I think I may try running mine off his iPhone when he gets back.

Good luck to all of you!

JC
Was this last flight with today's firmware update? Report back if it wasn't.

Good luck to all of you!

JC
Hi,

Would also like to know if this flight was with the latest firmware released today please? v01.02.0900

Thanks.

Hi,

Would also like to know if this flight was with the latest firmware released today please? v01.02.0900

Thanks.
Am online with DJI support righ not, they're having me update to that firmware using the DJI assistant on my computer. For some reason it wasn't offered through my DJI go app earlier. I look forward to testing it.

Reactions: chippie
Am online with DJI support righ not, they're having me update to that firmware using the DJI assistant on my computer. For some reason it wasn't offered through my DJI go app earlier. I look forward to testing it.

Phew! That is a bit of a relief (no offence with regards to the trauma you went through of course). Was hoping your issues were not with the today's firmware.

Thanks for letting us know!

Firmware for both vehicle and remote upgrade to v01.02.0900 using the assistant. I am not certain why the DJI go app did not find it earlier. ALso another possibility for connection issue may be that my DroidMaxx is a thicker phone than usual and it is a struggle to slot it into the remote which I believe was designed for thinner devices. I wonder if part of my problem is the phone doesn't seat far enough into the rubber slot to allow the micro HDMI to connect fully. Anyone else run into this?

Firmware for both vehicle and remote upgrade to v01.02.0900 using the assistant. I am not certain why the DJI go app did not find it earlier. ALso another possibility for connection issue may be that my DroidMaxx is a thicker phone than usual and it is a struggle to slot it into the remote which I believe was designed for thinner devices. I wonder if part of my problem is the phone doesn't seat far enough into the rubber slot to allow the micro HDMI to connect fully. Anyone else run into this?
It wasn't obvious on the status page. Once I clicked update on the firmware line, it took me to the main Mavic page where the red update banner then appeared.

It wasn't obvious on the status page. Once I clicked update on the firmware line, it took me to the main Mavic page where the red update banner then appeared.

Thanks does anyone know whether I will need to repeat the upgrade process on the Mavic for my other two flight batteries using the assistant or will the go app handle it from here the next time I plug in the other two batteries?

Thanks does anyone know whether I will need to repeat the upgrade process on the Mavic for my other two flight batteries using the assistant or will the go app handle it from here the next time I plug in the other two batteries?

This firmware version does not update the batteries so no need to. :)

EDIT: When you change batteries, if they do need an update the app/controller/bird should handle it.

EDIT 2: Sorry, that is if your previous version was v01.02.0800 as this did update the batteries. If you did not have this version previously then the other 2 batteries will need to be updated. All you can do is put one of the others on and power up, see what happens.

This firmware version does not update the batteries so no need to. :)

EDIT: When you change batteries, if they do need an update the app/controller/bird should handle it.

EDIT 2: Sorry, that is if your previous version was v01.02.0800 as this did update the batteries. If you did not have this version previously then the other 2 batteries will need to be updated. All you can do is put one of the others on and power up, see what happens.

Thank you

Reactions: roedaal

Good luck to all of you!

JC
I definitely can relate to the scare and reluctance of flying until the problem is understood. Not having control of the aircraft at any surprise moment isn't a comfortable feeling, let alone the safety concern.

You mentioned that you recently updated your Android device; could you let us know what Android version your phone is now running, in case that becomes relevant?

After just a few flights without any trouble, during my last flight I experienced quite a few disconnects, both in the form of the app disconnecting from the controller, and the controller disconnecting from the aircraft.

Initially, the app would just show disconnected for a few seconds and then reconnect on its own. This would happen repeatedly every 10-30 seconds, but the controller always maintained a solid connection to the aircraft and remained controllable.

But, a short while later, the controller started losing connection with the aircraft altogether. This triggered a RTH and auto-land at various times. At one point, the controller disconnected immediately after takeoff, and I had to wait through 30 seconds of loss of control until I could land the aircraft again.

Pretty scary stuff. I wasn't near any significant sources of interference--almost nothing, actually. The range varied from 3m to 300m, and the radio signal always showed at max. The firmware is up-to-date, as of today, with the latest DJI GO app version installed (3.0.1) on Android. My device is the Google Pixel.

I'd love to hear of similar experiences as I continue to troubleshoot. I'm afraid to fly much until I can identify the cause. Thanks!

Yes i have just experienced exactly the same issue using my google pixel phone, maybe there is an issue with this combination

using lastest fw, update yesterday

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allezzov