DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is everyone upgrading to the Platinum props?

By the standard cage do you mean the ones that look like tennis rackets? If the props are backwards compatible then I think you'll still need the smaller blades that are just for the cages.

Do you mean the folding prop guards? Think that's compatible.

I doubt there will be an issue using the cages tho. Just not with the new props.
No the cages . From the DJI store
Not compatible with Mavic Propeller Cage.

To clarify.

These ones are no go with the platinum props . . .

Cages
medium_1ccfa3d7-d471-4296-8522-195e5fcba8c3.jpg

These ones are ok ??

Gaurds
medium_06e63165-224d-4e84-b7e8-7a2f40cf7063.jpg

All I have seen said was the cages won't work . I have seen nothing on those guards .

I received my mavic pro free :
From my life partner as a 38yr anny press I didn't get my partner anything ......Till now.!
************Best Husband Ever *********

This is way better then the vacuum I bought her for our 37yr anny present

Reactions: Vilco
No the cages . From the DJI store

Correct. However- will the cages work with the props that come with the cages. I asked this a while back and the answer was that 'they should work'. So to clarify. They 'should' work with the smaller props that DJI sell just for use with the cages. They will NOT work with the props for either the Mavic or Mavic Platinum regular props.

Correct. However- will the cages work with the props that come with the cages. I asked this a while back and the answer was that 'they should work'. So to clarify. They 'should' work with the smaller props that DJI sell just for use with the cages. They will NOT work with the props for either the Mavic or Mavic Platinum regular props.
OK now you have me buggered up . I don't have those cages and didn't know they came with props just for them . I thought the regular props like I use now worked in them and just these new one's didn't .
I will have to go read more on their site and hate to as that's when I get confused . I personally don't know anyone here that even have them
unless you do . Don't know anyone that even uses the guards .Honestly I didn't even know they sold a different size
prop other then when this was brought up in this thread . .

Reactions: butterflyslicer
OK now you have me buggered up . I don't have those cages and didn't know they came with props just for them . I thought the regular props like I use now worked in them and just these new one's didn't .
I will have to go read more on their site and hate to as that's when I get confused . I personally don't know anyone here that even have them
unless you do . Honestly I didn't even know they sold a different size

ok - this is the cage we are discussing. It is ONLY for the Mavic and comes with smaller props. ONLY these props can be used with the cage. - regardless of if you have the Platinum or not.

Buy Mavic Propeller Cage

If you look down you will see that DJI say:

"This cage is not compatible with standard Mavic propellers. (Model: 8330), please use it together with Mavic - 7728 Quick-release Folding Propellers."

So, this isn't that confusing.

The new Platinum props will work on both the magic pro/platinum. It seems the mounts are the same and therefore Mavic Pro guards/cages will fit the platinum. The ONLY accessory that will not work with the regular blades for either drone is the cage. This will ALWAYS need the 7728 props. The cage is specific for indoor flying or when there's a risk of crashing badly. You get a reduced flight time and the drone is louder with the small props and the cage.

Reactions: dirkclod
unless you do . Don't know anyone that even uses the guards .Honestly I didn't even know they sold a different size
I'm disappointed...

ok - this is the cage we are discussing. It is ONLY for the Mavic and comes with smaller props. ONLY these props can be used with the cage. - regardless of if you have the Platinum or not.

Buy Mavic Propeller Cage

If you look down you will see that DJI say:

"This cage is not compatible with standard Mavic propellers. (Model: 8330), please use it together with Mavic - 7728 Quick-release Folding Propellers."

So, this isn't that confusing.

The new Platinum props will work on both the magic pro/platinum. It seems the mounts are the same and therefore Mavic Pro guards/cages will fit the platinum. The ONLY accessory that will not work with the regular blades for either drone is the cage. This will ALWAYS need the 7728 props. The cage is specific for indoor flying or when there's a risk of crashing badly. You get a reduced flight time and the drone is louder with the small props and the cage.
OK got ya now . I hadn't read that .

almost a year later i'm still on my original props so I'm not sure why I would "upgrade." Unless the new props make the drone actually invisible I have no interest.

I wonder if you can mix these props with original ones.

The controller would likely compensate for any minor differences in the blades, but every little compensation stresses the system to some degree resulting in symptoms like shorter flight times, vibration or maybe motors running hotter. I would recommend not mixing.

I printed some legs out for my mavic and they work pretty well for this. You just slide them onto the front legs and between the rubber piece on the back, they don't effect the sensors or anything. I can post a pic if you're interested.
Thanks mate! I do have the extended legs, I'm just too lazy to put them on, or to chicken, because I think it will reduce flight time :-/ Anyways, 9 times out of ten, I pack my stuff after flying three batteries, and as I'm ready to go home, I think: "Wow, that would have been a nice opportunity to try the extended landing gear!" :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noobie