DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is everyone upgrading to the Platinum props?

It's definitely worth a try. For $10... Why not?
60% reduction in noise... Maybe add on that 3 minutes?

Found on a DJI forum post, not sure if DJI genuine or where info came from . . .

Original props= 8.3*3, the new ones are 8.3*3.1 so a fraction more lift via the pitch so there is a good reason to see if they improve output, trade off, using more energy to get the extra thrust. (Possibly ?) It will mean there is more lift at higher altitudes, ie fly on a mountain or low density air.

Happly flying my Mavic, my spotter wife commented that she didn't want me to get the quiter blades. She was having enough problems finding the Mavic as it was.

Reactions: mavic6611
Actually, the biggest difference I hear in this video is the high pitch whine of the motors on the old Mavic vs the quieter ones on the new. I'm now rethinking this and wondering if DJI is right and that we won't get much benefit from the new props.

LP
That's what I was thinking too but thought it was just me

Reactions: LeafPeeper
Where is everyone buying these?!? I've been on DJI's alert list for a while waiting for them to be re-stocked.

Me also.
I'll keep an eye open on the forum and for an email alert.

Be interesting for anyone who gets them first to do a quick motor revs test in calm air with original props and then new version, that will be interesting.

Reactions: trolling dirt
I wonder if you can mix these props with original ones.

Was wondering that myself early on . . . possible you could do it, I think the cpu would define each motors revs to enable stability, flight control movement etc.

Ideally though, I think you'd be best to run all props either original or new, which means buying 2 lots of pairs.
I think they are sold as a pair by the looks.

After about 100miles of flight, I still have 4 spare pairs and the original props on the craft and still looking in good order. I'm undecided as this means that I will have costly unused spare propellers. That said I'm very curious about the noise reduction, that could be worth it if significant enough.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1