DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is FAA rules such a BIG deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a veteran, that’s pretty cheesy of you to pull the “as a veteran” card to buttress an argument that had absolutely nothing to do with military service.
What ever. I was refering to senseless risk taking. That has to do with life in general and the vet part is because vets get, more than most, to have to make the choice of "to risk or not." If you don't understand that then you obviousy are not a vet and not qualified.

What ever. I was refering to senseless risk taking. That has to do with life in general and the vet part is because vets get, more than most, to have to make the choice of "to risk or not." If you don't understand that then you obviousy are not a vet and not qualified.

I’m an 11B, what’s your MOS?

So the real question to ask, why DJI make drones that consumers can buy it and reach miles and miles in range like the Mavic Pro? If it's illegal then why does the government don't block the sales of these drones? It doesn't make sense if you think about it. Cars can reach 200 mph, it's illegal yes, but there is a possibility that you can easily get pulled over by a cop when you drive like that than being caught by the FAA when you flying for miles with your Mavic. Unless you uploaded the content in YouTube.

Because they over built it so you aren't running at it's extreme parameters when radio signal gets weaker or there may be electrical interference... etc. cars handle worse at 200 mph too. Also, every flight you make is recorded. IF you do cause havoc, all the evidence in in the "Black Box". A good picture isn't worth someones life and or jail time is it?

Reactions: macoman
Why would it be an issue if there's nothing for you to collide with. I think if you're operating safely then it's ok. My pet peeve is not being allowed to land/ launch in FL state parks, yet you're allowed to launch from outside the park and fly in?!

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
I recall a couple of years ago and attended to a body. It was being treat as suspicious circumstances until we retrieved the memory card from his camera.
In an attempt to ‘take the shot of a life time’ this gent had climbed over a safety barrier and onto the outside of a bridge which was fitted with anti climb guards as well. He obviously thought the rules didn’t apply to him...which was probably his last thoughts on Earth because when he slipped and fell off the bridge, landing many feet below, the lens of his Nikon smashed through his forehead and embedded itself into his brain causing instant death.
Very big difference between harm-to-others and harm-to-self.
This is a philosophical question.
If a person wants to take chances and endanger himself....that is his business....stupid, but his business. (otherwise, someone needs to come take away my motorcycles.)
If the same person wants to take chances with others lives and property and does harm.....that should be where the 'law' steps in.

Got to be the first time I've heard that being a law abiding citizen makes you stupid or dangerous....whoda thunk...LMAO
I had a poor choice of words. What I meant was this...

I agree that we need laws to help maintain safety and order. However, having said that I think that law abiding people (who are otherwise stupid) with drones are much more dangerous than smart drone operators who intentionally break FAA laws from time to time.

I did not mean to imply that law abiding people are stupid. But there ARE law abiding people who are totally stupid when it comes to operating a drone safely. Make sense?

Fantasy books is in the eyes of the unbeliever.
By the same right you judge a book to be Fantasy, I judge your judgement to be skewered.
Lol, umm...okay? Good for you? I guess? The point of my post had nothing to do with religious beliefs, but since my point went WHOOSH, allow me to explain. I said what I said as a jab. Basically saying, if you don't want to hear stuff like this, dont bring up such a controversial topic such as religion where it has no bearing whatsoever on the topic at hand.

Reactions: projockey
Some of us are old enough to remember when a guy parachuted into the Evander Holyfield vs Riddick Bowe 2 boxing match and stopped the 7th round. Some of the rules that are in place came about long before drones became a thing.

Reactions: joejaxvic123
But thats not applicable to this as we would not need to hop a fence for one, we have range and there would be no reason to hop a fence
It's not about you getting hurt jumping over a fence, it's about you flying a drone into a manned aircraft or a persons forehead, you KNOW you shouldn't be doing it because you keep saying you only do it once in a while for "that great shot", use your conscience and suffer the consequences when you mess up. Don't make excuses in prison though... makes you look weak.

Reactions: Yenrab
Do we know what information is tied to the drone? Is there a unique registration # carried by or inside every Mavic? Is there a second data card which carries flight logs inside drone?

EVERY Mavic has a Black Box.

Coincidentally, NASA puts the chances of someone on earth getting hit by falling satellite debris at one trillion to 1. It happened to this lady in the 1990s. Suffered a shoulder injury. I don't think anyone apologized or offered to pay for her medical bills.

. View attachment 35125
How can that be? There aren't to many satellites flying by less than 400 feet.

So in our town of Fargo downtown Broadway is around 3 miles from the airport and a mile from a hospital where there is a helicopter pad. Would I be able to do a shot going down Broadway if I kept it under a 150 feet and it lasted less than 15 minutes? If I needed to call the airport tower and asked....would they be more likely to let me do this? Using a Mavic Air.

So in our town of Fargo downtown Broadway is around 3 miles from the airport and a mile from a hospital where there is a helicopter pad. Would I be able to do a shot going down Broadway if I kept it under a 150 feet and it lasted less than 15 minutes? If I needed to call the airport tower and asked....would they be more likely to let me do this? Using a Mavic Air.

Just call them, tell them what you intend to do, and when, and they are very unlikely to object.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM