DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it a matter of trust ?

Platinum 4 ever

Reactions
Long story short. I need a spark remote. And a gentleman on this forum is willing to sell me one for 50 dollars. Here’s where it gets complicated. I don’t have or want a pay pal account. He says that if I mail him the money [emoji383] as soon as he gets it he will send me the remote. I have had several of text messages with him and he seems like a honest person. But I don’t want to be out 50 dollars [emoji385] so what would you all do???

Reactions: Classic flyer
If he's been around the forums for a while with a decent track record here, I'd probably risk sending $50. Make sure you send a check/money order or use some kind of tracking otherwise though.

Everyone has a PayPal acount [emoji46]
It's all down to you, no one can give advice on this, like you say it's all down to trust.

Well that’s not entirely true. You see. If Everyone has a pay pal account. Then That would include me. But since I don’t have one you can’t say that everyone has a pay pal account now can you. [emoji41]

Well that’s not entirely true. You see. If Everyone has a pay pal account. Then That would include me. But since I don’t have one you can’t say that everyone has a pay pal account now can you. [emoji41]
A PayPal account is free and it benefits you, the buyer, and protects you from fraud. One of the dumbest things you can do is send money or a check by mail.

If you want to have safe reliable transactions when dealing with unknown individuals on the web you are gonna need a PayPal account.

A PayPal account is free and it benefits you, the buyer, and protects you from fraud. One of the dumbest things you can do is send money or a check by mail.

If you want to have safe reliable transactions when dealing with unknown individuals on the web you are gonna need a PayPal account.

I guess the days of a handshake and a mans word was all you really needed. Are a thing of the past . Thanks for the sermon ...

Reactions: Ex Coelis
@Platinum 4 ever - I am like you. I put a lot of faith in a persons handshake and their word. I sold a travel trailer and let the guy take on it a handshake with the promise he would pay when he got his Federal tax return. The day he got his money he called me so we could meet and he could pay me. Sadly those days seem to be a thing of the past ☹

Unfortunately a LOT of people can't be trusted anymore so many people require some type of guaranteed payment method, so recently I succumbed to the pressure and got a PayPal account

Last edited:
Could you not do a direct bank transfer.
Fully auditable..

If he's been around the forums for a while with a decent track record here, I'd probably risk sending $50. Make sure you send a check/money order or use some kind of tracking otherwise though.

If you're stubborn about NOT having a FREE Paypal account then the response above is the right move.

If you're worried about Paypal security, don't be. They literally wrote the security standards by which all internet commerce is conducted. You SHOULD be using Paypal for every possible online transaction, it acts as an extra shield with your purchases.

I don't have a pay pal account either.

But i would send the guy the 50 dollars and hope he is honest.

Last summer I sent a guy 1300 for some motorcycle parts, and the stranger to me sent every last part we discussed.

You may have communication and a stack of text messages but that's not to say "he's" not a 12 year old girl messing with ya !!!

Trust no one- unfortunately the world ain't what it was :(

Get "him" to put it on eBay or something so you have some comeback- otherwise it's no different to meeting him in a dark alley behind a bar, apart from at least you'd actually be meeting "him" then !!!

Reactions: Platinum 4 ever
I don’t have or want a pay pal account
You don't need a PayPal account to pay via PayPal. All you need is a credit card. If things go south, either PayPal or your credit card company will assist.

Long story short. I need a spark remote. And a gentleman on this forum is willing to sell me one for 50 dollars. Here’s where it gets complicated. I don’t have or want a pay pal account. He says that if I mail him the money [emoji383] as soon as he gets it he will send me the remote. I have had several of text messages with him and he seems like a honest person. But I don’t want to be out 50 dollars [emoji385] so what would you all do???
PayPay is probably one of the safest methods for paying on the internet. No one sees your credit card data plus you have customer satisfaction where you can be credited for bad service/product/unfulfilled transaction. you can setup 2 step authentication for additional protection if you feel paranoid about anything. For the most part, I will not purchase anything online from a merchant that does not accept PayPal.

It is important to note that we all use high tech drones....and we trust these machines to do what we command them.. Just saying its seems contradictory to have trust issues with technology.
It seems like a preference of yours to have contact with the seller, which is fine..just dont make it seem as if its a trust issue with technology.

Reactions: HighlandsVideo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada