DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it easy to replace the Upper Mount Vibration Dampener Board?

John Gowland

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Is it easy to replace the Upper Mount Vibration Dampener Board?
Upper Mount Vibration Dampener Board (Aircraft Aluminium)
Must admit I do not feel qualified to do it but will have a go if I have too.
US $13.71
Approximately AU $17.91
No Tax Dji Mavic Pro Gimbal Upper Mount Vibration Dampener Board Aluminium New | eBay

I have ended up with more than one MP so I want to fix this one, sell it and get some of those

Epson Moverio BT-300
PV Smart goggles. I can't see a **** thing beyond 150 meters and 800 in the best conditions.

Unless someone wants the bird as it is without a battery but with the rc, for the glasses? New or used. As long as they work. The MP works fine but the gimple is at an angle cos one of the elastic bands is not attached.

plate crack.jpg

Must admit I do not feel qualified to do it but will have a go if I have too.

Have you repaired microelectronics before? If not, be careful taking everything apart or you could easily do more harm than good by breaking a flat ribbon or silver video cable, If you dont want to take a chance, you could always send it to DJI Melbourne.

The board is a very easy replacement, there's loads of how to's on YouTube. Try searching for gimbal replacement if you don't find anything specific on the board. I've done it myself (mount to gimbal snapped) and it's dead easy. Swapping out the gimbal ribbon cable, now that's a different story....

Scares me tictag. I have no experience Thunderdrones and I wont attempt it. I will leave it to the experts in the field.
I still have 2 shots on this bird with DJI care.
Look the product is out of this world. The care thing is dodgy. If it is clear the machine messed up ok I will use the care. If there is a grey area forget it. I fought for months and eventually got one replaced. But it wasn't worth the fight.
So I will always go with the "care" thing but only use it when it is obviously the machines fault.
Damage to this board was totally my fault.
So I will pm you Thunderdrones, I know exactly what I am getting, even though it has to be evaluated, straight between the eyes.
No messing.

Life's too short to argue with street vendors, as my dad said.
He didn't really but it sounds good.

I have a Natick Pro gimbal issue too. I bought my mavic online on Craigslist and test flight went well. I noticed when calibrating the gimbal today after my first flight that there is a small L-shaped clip that seems to extend over the edge of the black plastic gimbal Mount plate. It has snapped off evidently, and the seller was not upfront with me about this. I know the parts are cheap, however I doI do not had experience replacing this Mount. I saw where you tried to replace the mount, and I was wondering how that worked out. Any info as to what this L-shaped clip is and whether or not it is a vital part that would not be safe to fly with broken. Any help you may be able to provide would be super appreciated! Thx guys!

Attachments

• IMG_20180324_120621628.jpg
    IMG_20180324_120621628.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 16
So, I guess it's basically there to keep the gimbal from bouncing too far downward, right? I flew it earlier just ten feet high, and footage looked fine. I want to replace it but I don't know how and DJI wants more than I can afford. I saw some YouTube videos on it and it seems kinda complex. Not sure what to do. Thanks for your advice.

Scares me tictag. I have no experience Thunderdrones and I wont attempt it. I will leave it to the experts in the field.
I still have 2 shots on this bird with DJI care.
Look the product is out of this world. The care thing is dodgy. If it is clear the machine messed up ok I will use the care. If there is a grey area forget it. I fought for months and eventually got one replaced. But it wasn't worth the fight.
So I will always go with the "care" thing but only use it when it is obviously the machines fault.
Damage to this board was totally my fault.
So I will pm you Thunderdrones, I know exactly what I am getting, even though it has to be evaluated, straight between the eyes.
No messing.

Life's too short to argue with street vendors, as my dad said.
He didn't really but it sounds good.
What ever happened? Did you replace the gimbal mount board yourself?

Attachments

• IMG_20180324_120621628.jpg
    IMG_20180324_120621628.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 8
So, I guess it's basically there to keep the gimbal from bouncing too far downward, right?

Exactly, It prevents the gimbal from overextending during flight or gimbal movement. It is not the easiest repair if you have never taken something like this apart before. Sometimes you can make it worse if you end up breaking a ribbon cable, or strip an essential screw.

No darkstarspace11 I thought it well beyond my capabilities. Following Thunderdrones guidance I did not attempt it.
I ended up sending it o DJI under the care programme. It is fortunate I did because there turned out to be a lot more problems than just this issue and I would have waisted a lot of money and time and would just not have had the know how.

I think I ended up paying a nominal fee from DJI.
I don't mess with things I don't understand.

Good luck and let us know how you get on. Thunderdrones is your man for advise and even fixing it for you.

Sorry I meant to add Thunderdrones will be your man to fix it if you don't live on the other side of our little blue planet.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser