DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it possible I did that much flying?

Exphantomflyer

Reactions
I've used the log viewer on the NEO and it shows I've done over 500ft travel distance when I use your program to create a CSV.

The column is OSD.mileage [ft] and to check I've used Airdata to create a log file which also has the same value.

Do yo think this could be an error with the log file itself and is a DJI issue or do you think that simply hovering in the garden and moving occasionally from side to side and forward /backward could achieve this distance?

@msinger any insight?

heres the AIrdata picairdata.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@msinger any insight?
The mileage is the total distance traveled over the entire flight. Considering the flight path in your photo above, it looks like a likely mileage value to me.

Don't land you battery at 0%. That's a good way to destroy it.

But yes, that's not that far to fly.

Reactions: bcfd29
I've used the log viewer on the NEO and it shows I've done over 500ft travel distance when I use your program to create a CSV.

The column is OSD.mileage [ft] and to check I've used Airdata to create a log file which also has the same value.

Do yo think this could be an error with the log file itself and is a DJI issue or do you think that simply hovering in the garden and moving occasionally from side to side and forward /backward could achieve this distance?

@msinger any insight?

heres the AIrdata picView attachment 178212
If you stretched the yellow squiggle out into a straight line: yes, you'd find that all those little forward/backwards & side to sides add up to 529'.

The mileage is the total distance traveled over the entire flight. Considering the flight path in your photo above, it looks like a likely mileage value to me.

i did another flight test today, flew out 125ft and back so thats 250ft but the log shows 278ft, but the ascent height was 27ft which would make it roughly right, it didnt count the descent though. oh well at least i know the first log was correct as i did some up and down and side to side etc.
Don't land you battery at 0%. That's a good way to destroy it.

Its £35 for a new one so not to worried, but ive regularly flown bats down to 0 with no issues

If you stretched the yellow squiggle out into a straight line: yes, you'd find that all those little forward/backwards & side to sides add up to 529'.
Yes you are proably right thanks for the input

Reactions: Felix le Chat
Its £35 for a new one so not to worried, but ive regularly flown bats down to 0 with no issues
Once you're at 0%, the voltage could drop to the point where the drone could fall out of the sky. But it's your drone, knock yourself out. It's still a horrible idea.

Once you're at 0%, the voltage could drop to the point where the drone could fall out of the sky. But it's your drone, knock yourself out. It's still a horrible idea.
incorrect, once it reaches what DJI specify as a critical level it will auto land despite pushing up on the stick this is how all DJI batteries work, unlike the old type that power FPV quads etc

Reactions: MARK (LI)
Reactions: msinger
Hey Msinger check out the battery level at the end of the flight after it reaches 0%
Thanks for pointing that out!

I haven't seen that one before. The flight log data actually has "128" stored as the current battery percentage at those points in the flight. I'll add a fix in the next release to normalize that data.

Last edited:
Reactions: Exphantomflyer
Thanks for pointing that out!

I haven't seen that one before. The flight log data actually has "128" stored as the currently battery percentage at those points in the flight. I'll add a fix in the next release to normalize that data.

Thanks for that Msinger

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mertyaldiz