DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it really bright enough???

laura schlenker

Reactions
I've got my preorder in on the ultra, I'm going on a trip soon we're I could really use a brighter screen and sometimes I feel like cancelling my order and just getting the standard 7.8". Is the standard heads and tails about a tablet screen briteness?? I haven't heard to many people saying wow this thing is Brite... So what is your honest opinion , is it worth it or should I just keep waiting for the ultra?

I literally just got my 5.5" today. Yes, everyone is right when they say the videos don't do it justice. 1000 nits is plenty bright. Holy heck, best purchase I've made for my Osmo and Mavic!

Yes! This may be my favorite accessory I've ever purchased for any toy I've owned. Solid build, familiar interface, insane battery life, versatile, and freakin' bright! I'm posting from the preinstalled browser on the Crystalsky right now.

It isn't pretty like a modern phone, but it is definitely built for the task it was intended for. No more worries about running too hot or killing my phone battery or just plain not being able to see the screen.

Last edited:
I read things like this and just want one even more now :rolleyes:

I'm still holding out for the Ultra.

Not that I have a choice, not a single UK supplier has either 7" model. Loads have the 5" but the 7" High has been sold out for ages :(

Reactions: Adamcain112
I literally just got my 5.5" today. Yes, everyone is right when they say the videos don't do it justice. 1000 nits is plenty bright. Holy heck, best purchase I've made for my Osmo and Mavic!

Congrats, put it in a dark room on full brightness and try and look at the screen, it will burn the back of your skull out lol.

Honestly yes the 2000 will be fantastic but IMO the 1000 will do almost everyone’s needs.

Reactions: Adamcain112
I am quite happy with the 5 I feel the brighter screen makes the screen look bigger,I no what you mean about the U.K. Suppliers. I ordered the mavic mount and no sign of it yet.
I fancied the 7 myself but seemed quite a bit heavier when I compared the two together.

Last edited:
Been very happy with the 7.85 CS - was also initially holding out for the ultra but gave up. Very happy with the tablet - after about ten flights - I sold both my goggles and Avegant Glyphs.

I use the 5.5" and it is hands down soooo much better than using a phone or tablet. 1000 nit is plenty bright even in direct sunlight, virtually no glare whatsoever!

Also use the 5.5, best accessory I have bought because even my weakening eyes can see everything easily even in the brightest midday sun. I bought the Shipway mount which holds it below the remote giving a well balanced feel

I have the Mavic and note on DJI'S site that my charger is not listed as a comparable charger for the CS.
What works?

I have the Mavic and note on DJI'S site that my charger is not listed as a comparable charger for the CS.
What works?
You'll need to get a charger that can charge the phantom or inspire remotes.

I've got my preorder in on the ultra, I'm going on a trip soon we're I could really use a brighter screen and sometimes I feel like cancelling my order and just getting the standard 7.8". Is the standard heads and tails about a tablet screen briteness?? I haven't heard to many people saying wow this thing is Brite... So what is your honest opinion , is it worth it or should I just keep waiting for the ultra?

It really is a nice screen and it's very bright. While you can see it in the direct sun you do have to still deal with a little glare from the screen. I flew this past weekend in 95 degree weather with 90% humidity. The CS worked fine but man was it cooking when I was done with one 25 minute flight. It did stutter a few times but it keep on working. I use the flyhigh mount with the DJI mount for the phantom 4 controller. Works really nice!!! I don't think you will be disappointed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mupps64