DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it worth having both Mac and PC platforms to work with?

Ripper7620

Reactions
For anyone who happens to have both platforms, which do you prefer, and is it worth the money to have both in your opinion? I have a pretty substantial PC that I put together myself with some high end specs, and I'm absolutely happy with it, as well as Premiere Pro. I've never owned a Mac, and am considering saving up for a Mac Pro(hopefully, they'll come out with a modular version). If you own both, knowing what you know now, would you invest in both again? Thank you in advance.

I always was on just a PC till a member here convinced me to get a 27'' 5K Mac and I will never go back . I'm not that savvy with it yet but he is walking me through the learning curve with it and I love it . That Pro model is high .

Reactions: Ripper7620
I have both, PC is designated for doing flight analyzation, and Mac does everything else. I understand and appreciate both, but honestly prefer the Mac with its ease of use and smooth functioning.

Reactions: Ripper7620
I always was on just a PC till a member here convinced me to get a 27'' 5K Mac and I will never go back . I'm not that savvy with it yet but he is walking me through the learning curve with it and I love it . That Pro model is high .

Here’s what I’m working with now;
IMG_0061.JPGIMG_0060.JPG

Reactions: dirkclod
Thank you very much for the reply, my original plan was to get the Mac Pro, however I decided that I wanted to hand pick mu own components and went with:
CPU:Threadripper 1950X
GPU:Quadro P5000
RAM:64Gb of G. Skill Trident Z 3600MH
Monitor:42.5" LG
I don't have any regrets, but I still really want the Mac Pro, and I heard a rumor that they're coming out with a modular Pro which would be the stuff. I don't know anything about Final Cut, or any other Mac only video editing software, and am really interested in what others who have both platforms think of whether it's justifiable to have both. Honestly, I've still got my hands full just learning Premiere Pro, and the rest of Adobe's offerings. I still haven't touch Photoshop yet.

I have both, PC is designated for doing flight analyzation, and Mac does everything else. I understand and appreciate both, but honestly prefer the Mac with its ease of use and smooth functioning.
Thank you very much for the reply, I appreciate it.

Reactions: dirkclod
Theres no point with multiple platforms. Each can run all the software needed. If you have one than duplication is worthless.
Personally i use a PC because i can get far higher performance for far less cost - theres nothing i cant do on it that would require a mac.
Likewise, those that did decide to buy apple can run the software needed without going to PC.

I personally did not want to have to learn/know/run two platforms at the same time. Was a PC/Windows guy because of my job, but after I retired, and my PC's died, I replace them with Apple devices and have never regretted it.

I don't mind learning two platforms, I'm just wondering if the Mac only video editing software is enough to justify the expense. I also create music, and would be using the Mac for that as well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan