DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is Mavic Air my "perfect" drone?

Marcos Ri

Reactions
Hi all,

I am wodnering if I should buy a Mavic Air and if it will cover my needs. I would like to do something like that video among other things while travelling and in my home town:

Is this drone capable of doing that in a good way? I am not familiarized with the distances when flying a drone, are the distances in the video perfectly reachable for the MAvic Air? Are these distances on the video in the range 500-700m (2300 ft) or 2000m (6500 ft)? I have no idea due to lack of experience. Will the live video image on the smartphone (connected of course to the RC) be totally smooth for this kind of captures like the ones on the video? Or will the live image on the smartphone be disconnecting all the time due to range? I am sorry I am a bit lost with distances/range and live video quality.

Sorry for my bad english level!

The Mavic Air is capable of doing those types of shots. Many people here have done long range flight tests and the Mavic Air will fly much further than you can see it. You are supposed to keep the drone in visual line of sight at all times when you are flying so distances of 2500ft to 3000 ft is about as far as you can go and still see the drone however it will go well beyond that range. The connection to your phone at those distances depends on many factors but usually so long as you have a clear visual line of sight the signal is very good. Most the distances in those videos are not as far as you would think. 1000-2000ft at the most.

Thanks for your reply! So, you think that this drone is what I am looking for if I want to do the things on the video I posted?

yes it will and quite well. Just be sure and read the manual when you get the drone and also familiarize yourself with the drone laws in your area!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Duhr