DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is occusync WORTH it?

Is mini 2 occusync worth it?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The meaning of your question is unclear.
But if you are asking about Occusync vs the wifi transmission sytstem used in cheaper drones, Occusync is 10 times better.
Yeah that was my question. I think I’ve worded it horribly…

I think for signal stability most people are going to answer 'yes' and by viewing the results of your survey so far that's what most people seem to be answering, but I think the answer depends on more or less what you intend to do with your drone. I just recently upgraded to a Mavic 3, which is the first drone I have owned that has Occusync. Having Occusync had nothing to do with the reason for my purchase as I was more interested in the 4/3rds sensor and the quality of the camera. I have never had signal problems with my Spark because I have always flown it within VLOS and although the M3 has a more stable signal it is unlikely that I will need its stability since all of my flights will be within VLOS.

So to answer your question - is Occusync worth it? If you are buying a drone and want to take the occasional photo or video and just want to enjoy flying it around and keeping it in Visual Line of Sight (VLOS) which is the law in most places then a drone like the Mini SE is probably a going to be a great drone for you. It does not have Occusync but would likely meet those needs. However, if your needs are more specific then you are likely looking at a more advanced drone with Occusync.

Chris

Reactions: MavicFlyer2
I think for signal stability most people are going to answer 'yes' and by viewing the results of your survey so far that's what most people seem to be answering, but I think the answer depends on more or less what you intend to do with your drone. I just recently upgraded to a Mavic 3, which is the first drone I have owned that has Occusync. Having Occusync had nothing to do with the reason for my purchase as I was more interested in the 4/3rds sensor and the quality of the camera. I have never had signal problems with my Spark because I have always flown it within VLOS and although the M3 has a more stable signal it is unlikely that I will need its stability since all of my flights will be within VLOS.

So to answer your question - is Occusync worth it? If you are buying a drone and want to take the occasional photo or video and just want to enjoy flying it around and keeping it in Visual Line of Sight (VLOS) which is the law in most places then a drone like the Mini SE is probably a going to be a great drone for you. It does not have Occusync but would likely meet those needs. However, if your needs are more specific then you are likely looking at a more advanced drone with Occusync.

Chris
Thanks for your detailed reply Chris ;)

Reactions: Chrislaf
Occusync is much better. Worth the price! But you might want to wait for mini 3.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR