DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is owning one drone enough?

Good morning to all-
I have my Mini 2 and a few other brand- and lesser quality- drones. to be honest, I like to fly the other drones from time to time just to make me appreciate the features and qualities of the Mini 2. Some of the other drones have really pretty good cameras, and one is super-easy to prep and get in the air. But none of the "other" drones can do what the little Mini 2 does.
I would love to have other drones for very specific purposes, but being a retired public schoolteacher, having the cash to do that is not realistic. So i stick with my current flock of birds.
you all be safe and keep well- Ed

Reactions: Droniac
I just got into the drone hobby/profession back in September. I started out with a DJI Air 2s then quickly added a Mini 2, Mavic Mini, Holy Stone HS720E, and a Mavic 3. But today the USPS will deliver my DJI Tello so I can get my fix when I’m stuck indoors! I don’t count any of the “toys” that I’ve had over the years, most of which were lost/flew off or thrown in the trash in less than a week.

Nope, just picked up a Mini 2...... you folks talked me into it when the wife asks ;o)

You may need to seek professional help for this 😳🤣👍
Well, I have been doing aerial photography since the early 90’s, so having a arsenal of aircraft have always paid off when needed. Also got to keep up with the tech. ;)

• Love
Well, I have been doing aerial photography since the early 90’s, so having a arsenal of aircraft have always paid off when needed. Also got to keep up with the tech. ;)
Just my jealousy speaking. Wish I had a hundred to choose from - unfortunately I have not put my 107 to use earning hobby money, so I have to sell and upgrade sparingly. 😩

Just wondering how many here own two different drone models or plan on buying a second. I have a mini 2 and the Mavic Air 2 is looking pretty good to me also.
Is owning just one drone enough? I'm really not qualified to answer that, since I only experienced that condition briefly, many months ago!

I don't have an awesome fleet like some of the pictures in this thread show off...but it's growing...

;-)

TCS

Just wondering how many here own two different drone models or plan on buying a second. I have a mini 2 and the Mavic Air 2 is looking pretty good to me also.
3. Mavic 2 pro, FPV, Mini, and even a tiny tello (OK so some would say its not a drone) which I keep in my bag for that quick fun dronie. The 5th, a $65 toy which started me off.

Working on getting a Yuneec h3+ next.

Several Phantoms and A2 perfect combo. P4's carry loads and Mavs great for travel. All have awesome cameras

Well, I really wish I knew about drones back in the 1990’s otherwise I wouldn’t have been doing my aerial photography the hard (risky) way, which was piloting (high-wing) Cessnas at the same time sticking my Nikon F4S out the window while also keeping the airplane from stalling AND trying to compose the shot! That plexiglass windscreen was always glazed or streaked. Geez!!

I have two or more:
cars
houses
kids
guns
bows
fishing rods
bikes
tennis racquests
golf club sets
3 drones
and the only thing I have one of is a wife and for the world of me I cannot think of a single reason for wanting more!

• Haha
Reactions: Crouching Leopard
If you are using your drone commercially the phrase “one is done and two is one” is very true. If you do not have a backup and your only drone does not function, you are done for the day. Upset client and no payment for your gig.

Well, I really wish I knew about drones back in the 1990’s otherwise I wouldn’t have been doing my aerial photography the hard (risky) way, which was piloting (high-wing) Cessnas at the same time sticking my Nikon F4S out the window while also keeping the airplane from stalling AND trying to compose the shot! That plexiglass windscreen was always glazed or streaked. Geez!!
I can totally attest to what your saying. My father owned a 172 Cessna, so I grew up flying a lot. My pop would always wonder why I would bring a 35mm camera with me on every flight. Lucky for me that I had access to a vent window to stick the lens out of.
Later I developed a kite ariel platform to mount a canon esprit camera to and the rest is history. Drones were not even a concept until a few prototypes and builds started showing up in the early 2000’s.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drxenon