DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is owning one drone enough?

Just wondering how many here own two different drone models or plan on buying a second. I have a mini 2 and the Mavic Air 2 is looking pretty good to me also.

Two to three drones used for different purposes is a good quantity. The Mini 2 is hard to beat for its portability and quality. It is my favorite for hiking and fishing because I can fit it in a tiny case and bring it everywhere. My Air 2S is my favorite for photos and filming up high because of its great camera. My Skydio 2 is hands down the best tracking drone and goes places that no DJI would dare.

Beyond these three.... I have several others that get very little use. This is a problem for drones because batteries don't age well and have to be maintained even when not being flown.

My recommendation would be to keep your fleet tight but by all means add another if it fills a need. Its not hard to sell one if you go in a different direction later.

Currently 2 drones - 1st is my Phantom 4 Pro v1 which I love flying for a multitude of reasons and is fairly versatile with capabilities that are still relevant, but it’s not all that portable. I have the Air 2s which I also love. In past years I started with a Spark, and then to the Autel EVO1. Haven’t had a drone I didn’t love, but the love causes me to sell and invest in more technology and capabilities. These will last me another year or so until an upgrade comes along that I can’t live without.

Went from a Phantom 3 seldomly used to a Parrot Bebop 1 (with fixed lens camera) then settled with the Mavic Pro and the Air 2s. In the future, I might replace the Mavic Pro and opt for Mini 3 or Skydio 2 (for its almost flawless auto-tracking performance). Not much of fan of Autel as their products aren't as refined as DJI's

Reactions: Droniac
Two - MPP and an M2P. Thinking about adding a mini for other purposes.

Reactions: Lob's Falcon
Heres my Mavic collection. One is never enough!:p
I also have several Phantoms and Inspires.
A9401231-9B2A-4199-A087-68E6EB8DA269.jpeg

i have 7 in total. Two of the M1P's and the rest are SkyVipers

Attachments

• all.jpg
    all.jpg
    965.5 KB · Views: 11
Just wondering how many here own two different drone models or plan on buying a second. I have a mini 2 and the Mavic Air 2 is looking pretty good to me also.
If it. Is a serious hobby for you or a profession you will all need a bare minimum of two drones in case one goes out and you don’t have it for three weeks

Like toilets..you can never have too few .
Yup, one for morning, one for afternoon, and one for the evening right before bed 🤣

Reactions: Greenflash
Currently have Air 2s (added only 10 days ago), Mini 2, and 2 operational P3P's. Will likely sell the P3P's.

As said above, 2 birds work if one is unavailable and you need a bird for your "fix" or profession. Your specific use would determine which two would be best.

My Mini2 has gone off to DJI twice so it was good to have a backup to keep the addiction satisfied.🤪 Having an Air2s whilst the Mini2 is with DJI is wonderful.😃

Reactions: projectarjun
It's not unusual for drone enthusiasts to have more than one. What a difference a year makes, though. I bought a Mini 1 a year ago in July and after sitting out 50% of the time due to wind conditions bought a Mavic 2 pro 4 weeks later. But I liked the small size of the Mini 1 and upgraded to the Mini 2. However, had the Air2s been out at the time I'd probably only have one drone which is an excellent choice combining many of the features of both the Mini 2 and the Mavic 2- unless you're in an area where anything above 250 grams imposes restrictions.

Edit: The Mini 3 that is expected this year might be a game changer. But the corporate wonks at DJI are very slick and are experts at milking margin. I suspect the Mini 3 configurations will answer the question of how many drones. We'll have to see how DJI plays that one.

Last edited:
I don't use drones for work and pretty much only use the Mavic 2 Pro for photography so I've no interest or need for another drone, depending on how the Mavic 3 goes I might pick one up at some point but it will replace the M2P rather than compliment it.

I have owned and sold several and have two at the moment. Going forward, I dont plan to sell anymore. It can be a pain sometimes post sale if anything is an issue. Last sale, I sold the drone only but the buyer had an issue with binding due to account setup that we got sorted but seems its too much trouble for the time needed. With that in mind, my next buy will be more carful because whatever I pick up I will keep. I have the mini 2 and Air 2S and like both for different reasons. As stated already the mini is so easy to take places and I have prop guards to fly it in the house when I feel like it. It moves very quickly for the space in the house even being light on the sticks, it wants to be outside. Ha. Anyhow, most of us could get by on just one but its not as much fun that way. Tools are the same way, multiple styles and sizes give options.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fuckyoupaymenowww