DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is Santa Bringing you a Mavic for Christmas?

The discounts are on right now?

I do see discounts but was hoping for something more like what BHPhoto was doing. Whenever anybody does nice discounts like that ($799 or $999 for flymore) it makes it hard to spend more than that knowing those discounts could be around the corner again).

(shrug)

As suspected, the big fella didn’t leave a Mavic, not even a pair of fecking socks !

We live in the age where if your not super rich and you want an expensive gift you better be buying it yourself.

I remember last Christmas hinting to my Wife in October that I would love a Mavic for Christmas. She asked what it was and how much does it cost? I replied about a drone and $1000. She asked me if I had hit my head and then laughed.

Rob

Ho! Ho! Ho to you all! I suggest you watch this video.
Welcome and have fun!!!

Reactions: eagle328
Hello All from Houston. I just ordered and it should be here by end of next week. Now the fear is setting in. Can anyone recommend some training reads and initial you tubes to watch. Maybe some "don't do this and don't do that" Just looking for some form of familiarization and path to follow. Any help would be much appreciated. Looks like there may be some firmware updates after poking so maybe that will be one of the first things to do.

You think there's fear now, just wait until you lift it off for the first time! Just start in open space, play with the controls ever so carefully and repeat, repeat, repeat. Have fun!

Reactions: wytnyt
You think there's fear now, just wait until you lift it off for the first time! Just start in open space, play with the controls ever so carefully and repeat, repeat, repeat. Have fun!
ill let you know it feels for the first time in about 3 months when spring comes:)Thumbswayup

Doh!! Sorry to hear that!! Could've been, too, because it went sideways into the tower. (Though, you'd think it shouldn't have lost its way. Maybe next set it to go significantly higher before RTH to avoid absolutely anything? I find on my sports quads that whenever I get caught out, I punch straight up to regain view as there are less obstacles "above" me than anywhere else. (kinda my failsafe).

Hope she comes back quick & like new!!! Thumbswayup;)
Thanks. I dropped it off at UPS earlier today so we will see what DJI can do for it.

I went against my better judgement on this doomed flight because I was in hurry. I would normally have taken my time and set up everything, but again, I was rushing. Flying by good judgement and rules is always a given for best results.

On that flight, I had good signal as I was going around the tower, but it instantly disconnected. Being behind the tower was the main cause of this, but the cell tower, which was about 100' away from the water tower and about 30' to 50' away from my bird, probably contributed to this. And because of it disconnecting so abruptly, I couldn't control it. As my P4 has done so many times in the past when it was disconnected, RTH, and sometimes in combination with OA, would help me regain control. This flight didn't happen that way since I was a bonehead. As I have said over at phantompilots, rushing didn't cause this incident, but it got the ball rolling.

If you have not already done so I would take out DJI Refresh Care - it is well worth it and an ACE Service check this out

I would like to add one other tip for all of you in the cold weather regions that intend all flying their new gifts from Santa. Please note that your flight time(s) will be decreased when the batteries are cold, thus please don't attempt any distance records ;)

Funny you should say that, because I got the goggles for Xmas after having the MPP since late October and I set a personal distance record yesterday of over 7000ft. I didn't even realize it because the goggles are set up for meters. Made it home safely!

I have the Spark, mavic and P4P in my stable now....
HOWEVER wife got me a I2 with X5 Cam / Cendance / and the Ultra 7.8 for xmas WooHoo !
Think I will keep her :)

My mavic has been under the tree since December 2nd,TWO MORE DAYS,WOOHOO
I didnt bother wrapping it but its there all sealed and waiting,I tried keeping it to the back of the tree,out of sight,but my grand daughter keeps putting it to the front.:oops:
So who else is getting a new drone in 2 days?

Yep, added a Mavic to the family very happy with it, nice addition to the Phantom 3 PRO. Lucky guy! Happy Holiday and a good new year of flying in 2018 to all!

New member here. Being a XSP owner already, I got the Mavic just before Christmas. It has been quite the learning experience, it is extremely sophisticated and kind of frustrating to set up, it took me several days before I was confident enough to take off. After adjusting settings, getting mag interference, cannot take off for various reasons, disconnects, etc., I finally updated the firmware for both the aircraft and controller in DJI Assistant 2. That was an improvement, but my tablet is a cheap Chinese knock off. Lots of lag and app crashes. I turn the WI-FI off before flight and that helps, but I'm going to buy a Crystal Sky monitor to see if it makes a difference. The two times I've flown it close in, Wow, it is responsive! Right now I'm hesitant to take it farther out for fear of app crash, and honestly I am used to the XSP being simple and reliable.

Two items of note:
1. Before upgrading to the latest Go 4 software through DJI Assistant 2, the website showed several versions. Now that I upgraded to the most current version, it shows only that version. I believe it does not want me to downgrade to an earlier version.​

2. Now, every time I launch the Go 4 app, it says there is a "Precise fly safe database update" that I cannot seem to download. Turning the Wi-Fi back on, it tries to download, but sits there with the display "downloading at 0% for several minutes.
I would like to try to downgrade to an earlier version of the Go 4 app but not sure which one, or how to. Any ideas? Thanks for reading.

Yep, Santa Wifey got me one... Love it! 3 flights today, (as a Newb). I've got to get a case like the one shown in the middle picture Cyclehoarder! Nice!

I didnt bother wrapping it but its there all sealed and waiting,I tried keeping it to the back of the tree,out of sight,but my grand daughter keeps putting it to the front.:oops:
I got a Mavic Platinum Fly
Yes! I got a Mavic Platinum “Fly the MOST” combo. :) (Fly More plus ND Filters, tablet adaptor, prop guards, leg extenders) haven’t flown it much though. It’s been too windy or cold.

Attachments

• 7BCB2BDD-BCFB-422F-A219-D62142B029EF.jpeg
    7BCB2BDD-BCFB-422F-A219-D62142B029EF.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 14
I also got one from myself.Since I was in the US over Christmas Time I thought it would be a good idea to order one (with a LOT of accesories )from Amazon.We arrived back at home yesterday and I cannot wait to get going.

New member here. Being a XSP owner already, I got the Mavic just before Christmas. It has been quite the learning experience, it is extremely sophisticated and kind of frustrating to set up, it took me several days before I was confident enough to take off. After adjusting settings, getting mag interference, cannot take off for various reasons, disconnects, etc., I finally updated the firmware for both the aircraft and controller in DJI Assistant 2. That was an improvement, but my tablet is a cheap Chinese knock off. Lots of lag and app crashes. I turn the WI-FI off before flight and that helps, but I'm going to buy a Crystal Sky monitor to see if it makes a difference. The two times I've flown it close in, Wow, it is responsive! Right now I'm hesitant to take it farther out for fear of app crash, and honestly I am used to the XSP being simple and reliable.

Two items of note:
1. Before upgrading to the latest Go 4 software through DJI Assistant 2, the website showed several versions. Now that I upgraded to the most current version, it shows only that version. I believe it does not want me to downgrade to an earlier version.​

2. Now, every time I launch the Go 4 app, it says there is a "Precise fly safe database update" that I cannot seem to download. Turning the Wi-Fi back on, it tries to download, but sits there with the display "downloading at 0% for several minutes.
I would like to try to downgrade to an earlier version of the Go 4 app but not sure which one, or how to. Any ideas? Thanks for reading.

I am running .400 on the AC, and for the DJIGo4 app, 1.0.4, I believe.
I have never updated anything. Flies rock solid. No gimbal hiccups, NFZ issues, hobbled speed/distance issues.

The problem now, is that they are "locking" these down with the updates, and newer version of the AC have been "locked", meaning, to downrev, you have to open the body, by by warranty (for what that is worth).
Look on the interwebs for the .apk file for the dji go4 app, 1.0.4.
As to firmware, .700 was/is the last "sweet" version, after that, they have been hobbling the machines with bait of "a new video capture mode"......wup wup....
You can do a search of Digdat0 on you tube to learn about your options. Be careful....

If you can find a previous version, pm me, and I can get you a copy of the 1.0.4/1.0.5 app....

As earlier stated, I crashed my bird("Bright Star") on its maiden voyage on Christmas day, and I shipped it out to DJI for repair the next day. They received it last week, I paid them $199.00 for parts and repair, and now I got word from them that it has been repaired and shipped today. I was expecting way more than a two week turnaround since it was the Christmas season. Hopefully I get it back this weekend so we will see. Impress me DJI!!!

***Just a note, the serial number of the bird being sent to me isn't the bird I had sent them. I have no idea if a refurbished bird actually has an "R" on the end of the number, but this one doesn't. Hopefully, it is a brand new bird, but again, we will see.***

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead