DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is the karma drone good? Mavic mini or karma?

adamkiwi07

Reactions
Hi there! I posted a thread on this topic like a month back. Thanks for all the answers and comments! I am still wondering what drone to get karma or Mavic mini. Keep in mind I have a lot of GoPro things and I am based around gopros. I would love to get the karma as I am familiar with the system but the only thing holding me back is the bad battery life. And the karma can handle more wind which is awesome. Let me know your thoughts. Mavic Mini or Karma Drone

Hi there! I posted a thread on this topic like a month back. Thanks for all the answers and comments! I am still wondering what drone to get karma or Mavic mini. Keep in mind I have a lot of GoPro things and I am based around gopros. I would love to get the karma as I am familiar with the system but the only thing holding me back is the bad battery life. And the karma can handle more wind which is awesome. Let me know your thoughts. Mavic Mini or Karma Drone
The big, heavy Karma drone was already obsolete before it was released, and that was back in 2016.

Hi again Adam. From your budget, I would go for a Mini 2 - but not the Combo. You'll learn good discipline with just the one battery. You can then save up for another one or two - or ask for them as birthday presents.

Don't even think of going for the Karma. As others have already said, it was a failed product. It promised much, riding on the back of the GoPro cameras, but delivered zilch.

This is what I wrote about the Mini 2: Great drone

Reactions: adamkiwi07
Is the karma still bad comparing to the Mini 1? ...

Yep ...

Even though the Mini 1 is a very light, somewhat delicate & low speed drone, that needs to be handled & stored with care (especially considering the props) ... & flown with a lot of respect & consideration regarding weather & wind (this due to it's low speed it have for fighting head winds) ...

It's still a better choice than a Karma.

I'm primarily used to the Phantom 4 Pro Plus, which is a much bigger and heavier drone. That said, I wouldn't call the Mini 2 - as different from the Mini 1, of which I have zero experience - a "delicate or low speed drone". The Mini 2 handles brilliantly. Unless we're talking strong headwinds, the Mini 2 isn't bad and a definitely step up from what everyone has reported about the Mini 1.

Would you say the Karma drone is a good one? Like for a begginer? I like how it has its own controller and no need to use my phone at the same time.1 And also it has better wind control. What do you say @Africanwildlife ?
I'm primarily used to the Phantom 4 Pro Plus, which is a much bigger and heavier drone. That said, I wouldn't call the Mini 2 - as different from the Mini 1, of which I have zero experience - a "delicate or low speed drone". The Mini 2 handles brilliantly. Unless we're talking strong headwinds, the Mini 2 isn't bad and a definitely step up from what everyone has reported about the Mini 1.

There is no situation where the Karma can be considered a good choice.

You have been given a boat load of advice over several threads. Continuing to ask the same questions but slighly altering the wording is unlikely to garner you different opinions, at least on this forum.

It's your money. Buy whatever you want.

Reactions: kidroc and Meta4
Would you say the Karma drone is a good one? Like for a beginner? I like how it has its own controller and no need to use my phone at the same time.1 And also it has better wind control.
The Karma wasn't a good drone when it was released back in 2016.
It didn't have the features to match other drones that were available back then and it had real problems with performance and stability.
Just check the summary in this review:

It was a dud five years ago when it was released and a disaster for the company.
Meanwhile drone technology is now several generations advanced from what it was back then.

If you're on a tight budget, a lightly used Mavic Pro would be a much better deal.

Last edited:
Would you say the Karma drone is a good one? Like for a begginer? I like how it has its own controller and no need to use my phone at the same time.1 And also it has better wind control. What do you say @Africanwildlife ?
Adam, as we've all said, you need to move beyond considering the Karma. It was a FAILED product It's "bad karma", if you like. ?

Get a Mini 1 or Mini 2; I'd go for the latter as you know. You'll easily learn to fly it. The hardest bit is then learning to get very good video and still photographs. Then editing is another serious challenge. More than anything else, the biggest task of all is thinking up a worthwhile project - how you can best use the technology. You're about to become a so-called adult. Think about how you can help to make the world a slightly better place.

There is no situation where the Karma can be considered a good choice.

You have been given a boat load of advice over several threads. Continuing to ask the same questions but slighly altering the wording is unlikely to garner you different opinions, at least on this forum.

It's your money. Buy whatever you want.
Only if you want an old *** drone that falls from the sky.. you seem bent on getting one so get it and let us know how it worked out!!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzombie