DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there a difference between 1080 and 4K?

-----------

Their's your answer...... :)
Nope.

2160 - 1080 = 1080, is the maths you are looking for.

4K resolution is actually 3480 x 2160 pixels at 16:9. The standard changed from stating the vertical resolution, to rounding up the horizontal resolution.

My experience of watching: I put my new cool computer at 4K resolution. Watched it full screen on YouTube. YouTube provided HD information, indicating it was 1440...a step above 1080. -- Overall I thought the shots were very pleasing, except when heading towards and just over the 'Do Not Feed the Birds' sign into the poorly exposed sun hovering over the opposite shore. EDITING: I'd cut that segment out, and the segment looking at then zooming in on the reeds led to nothing except me wondering --- with all the suspenseful music -- was there going to be a swan or bird murder? A kidnapping? --- How all these water fowl tolerated the drones surprised me; I wished they could be interviewed about it.

As a side note. How many shoot in 2.7k as opposed to full 4k to save on some storage. Thats what i have been doing. Files sizes are considerably smaller. And resolution is still better than 1080.
That's exactly what,and why I do it!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying