DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there any hardware difference between MA2 RC231 remote US and EU version?

Oldi001

Reactions
Someone mentioned to me that MA2 remote controller US version might had a more powerful RF finals (transmitter), compared to the EU version.
I have seen already three EU controllers’ serial numbers starting with 1WPZ and one US controller with serial starting with 1WPB.
Is it possible that the two versions exist, or was this just a rumor?
If yes - what are the differences?

Someone mentioned to me that MA2 remote controller US version might had a more powerful RF finals (transmitter), compared to the EU version.
I have seen already three EU controllers’ serial numbers starting with 1WPZ and one US controller with serial starting with 1WPB.
Is it possible that the two versions exist, or was this just a rumor?
If yes - what are the differences?
I would go with the Rumor side, as power for FCC/CE power transmission is done via Drone location once GPS is acquired. So not something that the remote would be involved with.

Reactions: takeshi
Tnx for sharing. Tend to agree. The question was more related though to e.g. boost capabilities, performance (or other hardware differences) rather than the normal FCC vs CE topic. People reported e.g. performance differences flying in CE mode in similar environments.
Just wanted to point out that different RC serial numbers are in the wild. Could be related to mfg date only or maybe to some real changes, similar to the 3W / 1N story with the MA2 drones ;). In case someone spots the difference let us share the findings here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair