DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there drone protection from Airscope?

FallTester

Reactions
Hi.
Is there way to protect yourself from Airscope, so it can't be possible to detect take off and landing location?
Does Airscope comunicate with drone to detect RC coordinates? If yes, replacing coordinates on an android phone connected to Air2s RC could help?

Welcome to the forum.
Aeroscope is the DJI drone detection system that can detect most drone brands in the air, but with DJI drones it provides a lot more information.
There may be other systems like aeroscope that detect drone transmissions similarly.
Not sure if modern DJI drones can get around that detection, but older drones / software had the ability to give incorrect geo locations, and get around DJI set limitations.
Not sure if the geographic location hack would do anything to avoid aeroscope though.

Reactions: Gagey52 and MA2 317
Is this to avoid ‘persons’ knowing the precise pilot location ?
To avoid issues like deadly bodily harm ?
Aeroscope can provide detailed flight and drone location, as well as pilot location, even if that is different to take off location.
If it was only take off / landing location to worry about, simply place the drone, turn on, move a safe distance away, take off and fly your mission :p , land, when safe time passes, retrieve drone.

Y
Is this to avoid ‘persons’ knowing the precise pilot location ?
To avoid issues like deadly bodily harm ?
Aeroscope can provide detailed flight and drone location, as well as pilot location, even if that is different to take off location.
If it was only take off / landing location to worry about, simply place the drone, turn on, move a safe distance away, take off and fly your mission :p , land, when safe time passes, retrieve drone.

Yes, it is about to keep pilot in safe to avoid possibility to take damage during flight. So there is no SW solution to keep RC location hidden?

Y

Yes, it is about to keep pilot in safe to avoid possibility to take damage during flight. So there is no SW solution to keep RC location hidden?
Aeroscope is not available to the general public, only to authorized agencies. So your concern over personal safety and Aeroscope is not necessary. Your concern would be more towards RID when it goes live. And unless I am incorrect, it will then only effect a short range from your location.

I don't remember the name of the systems, but there was an article last year naming other systems besides Aeroscope that have a higher range and detect many different UAS brands, but again, they are not available to the general public, and are very expensive.

I don't think you would need to be concerned about safety with anyone having the access or deep pockets to obtain any one of these systems. They would have more critical interests than you (unless you were flying in a restricted airspace or a TFR).

Reactions: bmcelya
Aeroscope is not available to the general public, only to authorized agencies. So your concern over personal safety and Aeroscope is not necessary.

If you google a certain countrys name, starts with an R, and terms following like > "r" forces using aeroscope
You will find they apparently do have access and are using aeroscope for DJI drone detection.
R forces would certainly be able to afford the aeroscope system.
Of course DJI drones are being used a lot by U forces personnel.

Reactions: Torque
If you google a certain countrys name, starts with an R, and terms following like > "r" forces using aeroscope
You will find they apparently do have access and are using aeroscope for DJI drone detection.
R forces would certainly be able to afford the aeroscope system.
Of course DJI drones are being used a lot by U forces personnel.
True. Again, they are military/government agencies, not civilian. And the circumstances of war are not the same as karen/Kevin's that have an issue with UAV's. Although sometimes it may seem so.

True. Again, they are military/government agencies, not civilian. And the circumstances of war are not the same as karen/Kevin's that have an issue with UAV's. Although sometimes it may seem so.

Yes, I assumed given the posters location, it was not your average civilian type situation they were asking about.

I don't know a way to be aeroscope and modern DJI systems, perhaps there is none.

Yes, I assumed given the posters location, it was not your average civilian type situation they were asking about.

I don't know a way to be aeroscope and modern DJI systems, perhaps there is none.
My fault, I did not notice the location of the poster. So the op would have a valid need to circumvent Aeroscope. There was also a recent post that DJI is not longer providing Aeroscope which may be a result of it's use by the country starting with an R. With the situation in U and the powers/money of the opposing side, there is probably not a good fix for the op.

Check this out.

There was also a recent post that DJI is not longer providing Aeroscope which may be a result of it's use by the country starting with an R.

Yes, I believe they no longer offer their portable 'large briefcase' type aeroscope unit, but do still make the larger base type system.
Not sure if this is linked to recent events in the past 13 months or so.

DJI seems to like playing both sides of drone supply and anti drone tech.

Hi.
Is there way to protect yourself from Airscope, so it can't be possible to detect take off and landing location?
Does Airscope comunicate with drone to detect RC coordinates? If yes, replacing coordinates on an android phone connected to Air2s RC could help?
I am sorry R is tracking/harassing your drones. IF one could find a way to translate the current DJI frequencies to 900mz you could: A. Fly 5-10 miles from controller, and B. Opponent would have some trouble interfering with or tracking your signal. I have a 900mhz encrypted land based microwave hop with a strong signal 16 miles in both directions. Ghz band won’t go that far at drone power levels. 900 mhz on a drone may not either. There’s a number of technical considerations, but maybe it’s possible. I’m sure I couldn’t do it. If the day ever comes that the FAA allows 107 BVLOS, I’d love to have a drone that could go far. 900mhz may offer good potential for range.

Please be careful, and stay safe. I wish you the best.

Y

I don't know where you are in Ukraine, I but I would assume that some locations would be very risky for a pilot to operate a drone from. Even if you could change software/firmware to not broadcast the RC location (which I don't think you can do), it could still be located. It's still using the wi-fi bands to communicate with the drone. Once you can identify the fingerprint of an RC signal, then you just need 3 receivers to triangulate the position by signal strength.

Take care and stay safe.

Hi.
Are you sure you are from Ukraine? With us, every dog knows that only Mavic 3 with firmware 600 is completely invisible on the screens of Aeroscope. Mavic Air2 does not have the ability to reset Drone ID.
Благодійний фонд «Повернись живим» лише для військовослужбовців.

I don’t understand why you can’t write the full name of the terrorist country? It's a secret? Or are you afraid that Russia will read your messages? ;)

I don’t understand why you can’t write the full name of the terrorist country? It's a secret? Or are you afraid that Russia will read your messages? ;)

Avoiding politics as best possible, one of the forum rules is no politics.
This is even though I bet there’d be a lot of people in both countries totally opposed to conflict like this.
So many lives affected.

Avoiding politics as best possible, one of the forum rules is no politics.
This is even though I bet there’d be a lot of people in both countries totally opposed to conflict like this.
So many lives affected.
This is not a political debate. We live and fight for the independence not of the country of U, but of Ukraine. For us, Ukrainian citizens, U does not sound correct.

Are you sure you are from Ukraine? With us, every dog knows that only Mavic 3 with firmware 600 is completely invisible on the screens of Aeroscope. Mavic Air2 does not have the ability to reset Drone ID.
Благодійний фонд «Повернись живим» лише для військовослужбовців.
Привіт, нажаль використовуємо те що маємо в наявності. (Не кожне відділення може дозволити собі придбати Mavic3)

(Не кожне відділення може дозволити собі придбати Mavic3)
Then only in the manner described above. The second number drags the drone 100-150 meters from the operator. We normally used Mini 2 for TPO in the first months with reinforced batteries.

Yes, but you need to use an "old" drone like the Mini 2 with an old drone firmware version and an old DJI Fly app version, or else it will reactivate after hacking.

You want to search for the jeepdors hack in GitHub.

The thing is Aeroscope basically dead and being substituted by RID, DroneScanner, OpendroneID, and other apps and dedicated (and super cheap) receivers available to everyone, not just law enforcement.

With my Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 I can bust my Mavic 3 from 3.5 Km away with just the free app Drone Scanner and yes, I'm in Europe, where my drone isn't supposed to transmit yet.

3.5KM_DETECTION.jpg

The only way to get rid of both Aeroscope and RID is simple, DIY non-compliant drones, which is what all the hobbyist around the world will be flying at some point unless someone makes a hack that works with the latest models, just like the FCC hacks around.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98