DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

is there some possible way to see the sensors during flight?

Ang

Reactions
after doing a sensor calibration today when my drone said i needed to, ive discovered that the sensors are not the type i thought, and can infact see in black and white like a camera. i highly doubt this is possible, but im wondering if there would be some way to actually see what the sensors can see during flight instead of during calibration on my pc? im sure everyone can agree it would be quite useful to be able to see back and to the side, possibly even up and down while in flight.

Why? The DJI Go interface already has the sensor indicator bars. You don't get to "see" what it's seeing like a camera, but the interface confirms that it is sensing something. And with nearby tests, you can confirm directly with your eyeballs that there is an obstacle there.

after doing a sensor calibration today when my drone said i needed to, ive discovered that the sensors are not the type i thought, and can infact see in black and white like a camera. i highly doubt this is possible, but im wondering if there would be some way to actually see what the sensors can see during flight instead of during calibration on my pc? im sure everyone can agree it would be quite useful to be able to see back and to the side, possibly even up and down while in flight.

That would be interesting if the sensors acted more like cameras and we could patch into them , but at this time there is no software or coding made for that, until than we have to rely on the feedback from the sensors..

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly you Mavic in the rain.

Having worked with industrial vision cameras and seen the output from them I'd be surprised if you could get anything useful from the sensors on the drone since I would assume they are similarly low resolution in black and white for the drone to detect patterns.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard