DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

is this range fake ? or is it posible?

Sallee

Reactions
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
He clames that it is without any signal booster on CE model

For me it's possible if the area is free of wifi activities and other electromagnetics interferences. but it will be difficult to re-produce in more "noisy" environment.

I pretty sure it is real. Watch this video, he goes out to 18,020 Feet, or 5493 Meters, and more or less makes it back! Great video to watch....

Reactions: Geekser
I pretty sure it is real. Watch this video, he goes out to 18,020 Feet, or 5493 Meters, and more or less makes it back! Great video to watch....
Yes but that is FCC version, thats not a such a big result.. FCC is made for 4000m range and CE for 2000
So from 4000 -> 5300 thats around 30% increase
But from 2000 -> 3500 is almost 70%

I have seen some videos where it seemed like they were faked either by following with a car or something with the home point.. on that thought if I took off then after home point is updated I manually changed the home point to say a thousand meters behind me would the telemetry then say distance from the new home point and say a thousand meters even tho it is hovering in front of me? In saying that i know alot of people have legit gotten crazy range and people like dustin seems straight up and I enjoy his video

Reactions: NorVegan
I have seen some videos where it seemed like they were faked either by following with a car or something with the home point.. on that thought if I took off then after home point is updated I manually changed the home point to say a thousand meters behind me would the telemetry then say distance from the new home point and say a thousand meters even tho it is hovering in front of me? In saying that i know alot of people have legit gotten crazy range and people like dustin seems straight up and I enjoy his video
This look legit to me.. he put whole video
So even CE can go loong distance in some scenarios

Boosting the factory signal to 1.5 watts with out source app and no interference add good day It’s very possible and stock to him may mean he hasn’t added any hardware

Boosting the factory signal to 1.5 watts with out source app and no interference add good day It’s very possible and stock to him may mean he hasn’t added any hardware
yes but this was no boosting.. stock controller without Yagi or parabolic boosters.. impressive range, but this was more or less open field 80% of flight
i suppose that maybe it can go till 4000m but further then that i dont think so, and there is an of battery limit
still, impresive range for CE model

Over a shallow valley I've witnessed a 3025m flight with no enhancements on a CE stock. Signal was still OK and could have pushed further.

CE model, low down over the sea I started to lose indicated connection strength at 6510ft, first complete loss was around 6600ft but it regained two bars. It went out a little bit farther but then had a 'permanent' loss and the drone went into RTH. When the connection was reestablished, as it climbed to RTH height, it was out at 6766ft. The connection seemed rock solid thereafter, four bars, so probably could have gone out farther with height but that was enough for me and much much further than I will ever use except in a range test.

Reactions: ray.s
Over sea should be no interfirence at all, u should get more range definitely

Probably but the loss of signal was very close to the 2000m specified by DJI for my version and as I said "much much further than I will ever use except in a range test".

Reactions: ray.s
so to conclude, main difference btwn CE and FCC is signal power, CE version has weaker signal transmission power and in signal rich environment it affect your range, FCC can withstand more interference without of signal loss

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
earthflute