DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ISO help - disabled veteran, limited income

Reactions
2018-08-26 23.44.19.jpg 2018-08-29 03.09.16.jpg I am at a very low point in life and recently received a Mavic Pro as a gift to lift my spirits... I fell in love with the rush of being able to fly a mile or two out an
d 300 feet in the air to see parts of my hometown of Mobile, Alabama, and I’ve even received a load of compliments on the few pictures and videos I uploaded to my social media accounts recently. A few days ago, I went out to my dad’s house and he wanted some aerial footage of his property to see if a particular neighbor was still dumping trash over his French in an area difficult to reach by foot and accessible only by air, really. As I was making my way upward and out, I had an obstacle error sound, then a propeller popped off and caused my MP to fall out of the sky from about 22ft up. The result was a broken front right arm and broken gimbal anti vibration mount, and one rubber band holder thingy being torn off. I was able to repair the arm with carbon fiber wrap and a copious amount of gorilla glue, but no matter how good I am with aluminum welding and grinding a very small object, I was not able to repair the mount. My problem now is I am on a fixed budget and just spent all of my VA benefits on bills for 3 months so I could afford a Mavic Pro 2 come next month. I asked a few friends and family members to help out, but like me, they’re struggling with cashflow as well. If anyone has a 3D printer and the schematics for the mount, I would so very much appreciate it if you would print a mount for me and send it to me. When my check comes the first of October, I will gladly send you not only a builders fee, but I will include an accessory for your bird as a thank you. PTSD affects a large number of veterans, and I have plans to buy a small fleet of drones and offer a kind of PTSD stress relief drone academy. Not having the ability to fly my Mavic for the past week has been a huge let down and I just can’t imagine having to wait an entire month to fly again. Thank you for reading, and thanks in advance to anyone who would help.

Semper Fi,
Sgt. S Duke, USMC (Ret.)

Reactions: Juan M Salazar
Thank u for your service
I also am a Disabled Veteran
Hard to live on the Pension I get
But the VA in Baton Rouge is awesome

Good luck
BTW
The board is very cheap
eBay

Thank u for your service
I also am a Disabled Veteran
Hard to live on the Pension I get
But the VA in Baton Rouge is awesome

Good luck
BTW
The board is very cheap
eBay

The VA in Mobile is terrible, so I go to Biloxi and they're a lot better. As for the board on eBay, I saw them and still have an issue with payment. When I paid all the bills in advance, i saved enough for food, gas to go to the VA and coubseling sessions, and medication refills. I literally don't even have enough to order the board from ebay at this time. If I have to go without, well, I've been there and done that, and I can do it again. I took a chance on the advice of my counselor ans reached out here as a last resort. The few of my family who could help immediately are not speaking to me due to a death in our family and the will naming me a main benefactor last year. Greed makes people mean. The ones who would help but don't have the resources mentioned a gofundme, but thats for reall problems. Not a jarhead crying about his broken toy

View attachment 44916 View attachment 44917 I am at a very low point in life and recently received a Mavic Pro as a gift to lift my spirits... I fell in love with the rush of being able to fly a mile or two out an
d 300 feet in the air to see parts of my hometown of Mobile, Alabama, and I’ve even received a load of compliments on the few pictures and videos I uploaded to my social media accounts recently. A few days ago, I went out to my dad’s house and he wanted some aerial footage of his property to see if a particular neighbor was still dumping trash over his French in an area difficult to reach by foot and accessible only by air, really. As I was making my way upward and out, I had an obstacle error sound, then a propeller popped off and caused my MP to fall out of the sky from about 22ft up. The result was a broken front right arm and broken gimbal anti vibration mount, and one rubber band holder thingy being torn off. I was able to repair the arm with carbon fiber wrap and a copious amount of gorilla glue, but no matter how good I am with aluminum welding and grinding a very small object, I was not able to repair the mount. My problem now is I am on a fixed budget and just spent all of my VA benefits on bills for 3 months so I could afford a Mavic Pro 2 come next month. I asked a few friends and family members to help out, but like me, they’re struggling with cashflow as well. If anyone has a 3D printer and the schematics for the mount, I would so very much appreciate it if you would print a mount for me and send it to me. When my check comes the first of October, I will gladly send you not only a builders fee, but I will include an accessory for your bird as a thank you. PTSD affects a large number of veterans, and I have plans to buy a small fleet of drones and offer a kind of PTSD stress relief drone academy. Not having the ability to fly my Mavic for the past week has been a huge let down and I just can’t imagine having to wait an entire month to fly again. Thank you for reading, and thanks in advance to anyone who would help.

Semper Fi,
Sgt. S Duke, USMC (Ret.)
Retired as a SGT? How did that happen?

Great Replies!
Awesome Forum!
Thanks from All Veterans!

Way big thumbs up!

Thank you for your service! I am a new forum member and coming from flying 3DR Solos. I don't have a Mavic yet (looking to buy one soon) but I do have a 3D printer and lots of experience with 3D printing. I think you already found what you are looking for thanks to kind members here, but in case if you need anything else or any part listed here please let me know and I will be happy to print it for you and send it. Best to you.

Perhaps it was a medical retirement? I saw many get retired out due to combat injuries even though they fought to stay in. But in typical military fashion they separated those that wanted to stay and kept those that wanted to get out. "If it ain't broke, fix it till it is"

Reactions: MavicNgoose333
Hit by an IED in Fallujah, result was TBI and total hearing loss in my left ear, tissue and muscle loss in my left leg, PTSD, and nightmares for the past 13 years or so. I couldn’t pass the PFT, so they started processing me out right before I picked up SSgt. Any other queries? Retirement doesn’t necessarily mean you did 20+. I was medically retired (see forced out) and subsequently only logged 9yrs, 4 months, 22 days in the Corps. How

How ya doing brother? are you back up in the air yet?
Got an email from rob at thunderdrones a few days ago, saying that they had my mavic and that they were doing the estimate on it. I'm just waiting on him to finish the repair and send it back to me. A friend of mine did give me a wreck Phantom 3 standard that I've been tooling around with doesn't have a camera but it puts me flying. I just left the pawn shop that has a phantom 4 Advanced the guys willing to work with me and let me do a couple of trays for a couple of rifles that I don't use anymore to get it too.

A3708805-13BD-455D-9ADE-3335D1D640F4.jpeg
Thank you for your service! I am a new forum member and coming from flying 3DR Solos. I don't have a Mavic yet (looking to buy one soon) but I do have a 3D printer and lots of experience with 3D printing. I think you already found what you are looking for thanks to kind members here, but in case if you need anything else or any part listed here please let me know and I will be happy to print it for you and send it. Best to you.
I got two packages today...one being a brand new in a Portabrace backpack DJI Phantom 4 Advance with 2 batteries, and a 3DR Solo in the original box with a note that says “Semper Fi, MGSgt, Ret. 2D Recon BN. We were in country at the same time. I watched your unit get ambushed and you get hit by the IED. It felt like one of my own got injured. I fly 2 Inspire V2’s now, and I think your idea for a veteran owned drone academy is a wonderful idea. I’ll be in touch soon to talk about funding your venture. Take care, Marine.”

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada