DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Issues with recalibrating the RC of the Mavic Pro

Dubdub

Reactions
Dear all

First post for me. Appreciate any help, guidance you may provide. Apologies if the language appears not to be very clear, english not being my mother tongue.

During my last flight with my Mavic Pro, though I was not touching the sticks, I got an error message (not the first time it happened) that there was a wheel ctrl error and I needed to recenter the sticks...(Which I did without stopping the alarm buzzing).

I thought I would recalibrate the RC. I must have tried at least 10 to 20 times for the last 2 days without being successful. The blue circle that are supposed to move clockwise do not move at all or when they do, it could be only one of them out of the two...and then there is a time delay that prevent me to complete the exercise. Since day 1, had the drone for at least 9 months now, each time I am recalibrating the RC, I have this issue.

I am attaching 3 screenshots from my device
Screenshot1: When I start the calibration of the RC. As you can see all the parameters around the right square do not show 0 but one shows 5 (I am not touching the right stick) when it should show 0, what does it mean?

Screenshot2: This screenshot must have been taken 30s after the calibration started. As you can see the blue circle did not moe that far (the one in the left square did not move at all when the one in the right one moved just a little bit

Screenshot3: Simply the consequences of the little blue circle not moving fast enough to complete the calibration

Thank you in advance for your help
Best regards
Olivier

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    82.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    72.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    82.1 KB · Views: 19
I find it works best one at a time.
Work it backwards and forwards quite rapidly on each side - to the stops.
You must do the gimbal wheel at the end to complete.

I find the opposite, that you have to move slowly, come up to behind the blue circle and then wait until it will move forward to the next spot etc.

Like you are nudging the blue circle along, if you go to fast you will overtake or overshoot it and it won't move. you need to be slow and deliberate and at a constant slow speed

Yeah I’m with you, not once have I EVER been able to calibrate the sticks...It either doesn’t respond, or it times out before I finish. Perhaps I need to try it with another device.

Thank you all for your replies. Appreciate the time taken to provide your feedback.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron613