DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

It’s Officially Official

Simulator? I’m still waiting for my first drone (a Mini) to arrive at Xmas so I’ve been studying the manual. There”s a simulator? Of course there is! What is the best simulator if you’re stuck at home?

What is the best simulator if you’re stuck at home?
The flight simulator in the DJI Assistant 2 application (download it here). However, you'll need to secretly unbox your Mavic Mini when nobody is home if you want to try it out ;)

1577184584128.png

Reactions: charliesRig
The flight simulator in the DJI Assistant 2 application (download it here). However, you'll need to secretly unbox your Mavic Mini when nobody is home if you want to try it out ;)

View attachment 88756

Rats! Was hoping for a PC-based simulator with a dongle that talked to the RC, like Yuneec's... non-flying weather for a couple weeks when I got my Typhoon H480Pro, but flying the PC simulator, connected to a 70" 4K HD display, using the actual ST-16 RC to do it... Was comfortable when I was finally able to take off with the real thing. And I was pleasantly surprised to find that the sim and real thing behaved so much alike, I couldn't tell them apart (other than crash results, which I've not had with the real one - knock on wood).

... or does it talk to the controller? You said to unbox the Mini...? Yeah, I've got a Mini, the Platinum and an Evo as well as the Typhoon...

(would be lovely to see a Linux version of the Assistant. So far, it's rare I need to dual-boot this computer into Windows7 - normally in Linux - and the more items come off that list, the better...)

Hi all, newbie to the forum here - I totally recognise the big grin - been flying mine for just over 2 months and I'm like a kid in a sweet shop still - I can't stop grinning either :) This fantastic piece of engineering gets me outdoors to a coast or the mountains so regularly I've lost 10 pounds in weight !!! I never leave the house without it "Just in case". This aint a hobby its a life changer. Happy days and I hope the OP never loses the grin.

After years of passing it off as only a dream I finally pulled all of the right strings and joined the DJI club and I couldn’t be happier, in case my childish face didn’t give it away. Heavy rain here this weekend so it looks like I’ll be spending a lot of time on the simulator until the skies clear.
View attachment 88055
I’ve had mine a month now. Only managed 4 flights but I’m like a small kid at Christmas every time I get it out. Like you I put it off for years finally saw the fly more combo on Amazon for £849 on Black Friday sale. Was a no brainier really had to get. Happy flying ??

Reactions: Caleb R.
I’ve been flying my MPP since December 2017. It’s a smooth machine. Enjoy!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143