DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

It's my turn, disconnect and lost :Edit Mark another up for pilot stupidity

Oddly enough, I don't see that mentioned anywhere on the Ping website. Some reviews (like this one) say it's 3G.

that would be the only thing as long as its not 2g

Reactions: jinglestheelf
it could always be worst :) but you coming in fast I bet that does make for a cool videos!!!

I bought some popcorn and some pop (soda if ya are from different parts of the world)

I am ready for the video/movie! :) :) and the cool thing is I will be able to stream it to the big screen! I even told the wife I got a movie for this weekend! little does she know its not going to be a movie she had in mind! ha ha ha

So @MavicCF I am all ready :)

Reactions: ambarcapoor
I bought some popcorn and some pop (soda if ya are from different parts of the world)

I am ready for the video/movie! :) :) and the cool thing is I will be able to stream it to the big screen! I even told the wife I got a movie for this weekend! little does she know its not going to be a movie she had in mind! ha ha ha

So @MavicCF I am all ready :)
I threw the edit together that day, but forgot to bring my laptop into town today to upload it, sorry:confused:. I’ll try to get it uploaded by Sunday (wouldn’t want to disappoint your wife;)).
With your big screen, maybe you could tell me if you think the right side looks blurry.

I threw the edit together that day, but forgot to bring my laptop into town today to upload it, sorry:confused:. I’ll try to get it uploaded by Sunday (wouldn’t want to disappoint your wife;)).
With your big screen, maybe you could tell me if you think the right side looks blurry.

no problem sounds good :) and yes I can look for that too :) as for the wife I am not sure how thrilled she will be when she thinks its a movie she wanted to see! lol lol

Reactions: MavicCF
Glad you found it! Following these threads, I've learned a ton from these guys that help everyone out to figure out what happened. Big thanks to you guys.
Looks like your from Durango area. Grew up there up Florida Rd towards Lemon dam. Beautiful area. I'm up near Pine now.

Well I guess its my turn.
Took it up behind our house and was doing videoing along some nearby cliffs. I had turned around and was coming back, and was about 4000 feet away and 397 feet ATL with the battery at 42%,(I was flying from a low point up into the surrounding hills and mountains) when it suddenly disconnected, no errors, warnings, or anything. One minute is was connected the next it wasn't. I'm assuming some kind of battery or hardware failure as I did my standard pre-flight checklist and checked the battery, props, etc. Anyway, never reconnected to the controller so I assume it just went down. I'm going to head back up now and look for it around the last know coordinates and see if I find it. If anyone wants to look at the log while I'm out running around, (I only pulled the txt. off so far) here it is. Phantom Log Viewer thanks in advance! -CF
OH no!!!!!! I'm so sorry MavicCF. You were a great help last month when I lost my drone. I hope you find it.

Glad you found it! Following these threads, I've learned a ton from these guys that help everyone out to figure out what happened. Big thanks to you guys.
Looks like your from Durango area. Grew up there up Florida Rd towards Lemon dam. Beautiful area. I'm up near Pine now.
Cool! It really is an amazing area. Now I'm wondering how many people are going to read your post and pronounce Florida correctly:)!

Reactions: AMRE2ME2
OH no!!!!!! I'm so sorry MavicCF. You were a great help last month when I lost my drone. I hope you find it.
Thanks for the support, fortunately I found it and will be sending it to Thunderdrones for a repair of the front right motor arm. Thumbswayup

Reactions: ambarcapoor
Thanks for the support, fortunately I found it and will be sending it to Thunderdrones for a repair of the front right motor arm. Thumbswayup
What a happy ending. At least you found it. I never found mine but I'm back in business, 645$ later. I'll be eagerly awaiting your video. would love to see the crash in action.

A very interesting post although sorry you had to go through the experience. Guess we all learned something from it.

A very interesting post although sorry you had to go through the experience. Guess we all learned something from it.
It was my fault from beginning to end but I did learn my lesson. I should be able to get the video uploaded later today (I think I'm going to re-edit it first).

Unfortunately I didn't get around to re-editing the video (really busy), but here is the first one I put together from that day. I apologize in advance for the bad color correction and the times where I almost come to a stop while recording (its very annoying and that's what I wanted to re-edit), we had family in town and I was talking with them while flying so I was a little distracted. Anyway, here it is.

Unfortunately I didn't get around to re-editing the video (really busy), but here is the first one I put together from that day. I apologize in advance for the bad color correction and the times where I almost come to a stop while recording (its very annoying and that's what I wanted to re-edit), we had family in town and I was talking with them while flying so I was a little distracted. Anyway, here it is.

Spectacular. But distracted flying will do that. I hope you manage to get it fixed and back in the air.

Reactions: Sjez
Spectacular. But distracted flying will do that. I hope you manage to get it fixed and back in the air.
Thanks, just got it sent off on it's way to Thunderdrones. Hopefully it's just that arm that needs to be replaced...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fredguillot02