DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

It's my turn, disconnect and lost :Edit Mark another up for pilot stupidity

We found it :):):)!!
Headed up again with one of my sisters and my mom and spent 45 minutes looking for it around the last known coordinates. We were getting discouraged and were headed over to check the area indicated by @msinger'sidea. On the way there and about 30’ SE from the last known point, there it was (admittedly my mom was the one who found it;)). The only damage I can see is the front right motor arm which snapped off at the motor end. My camera shade sacrificed itself and appears to have completely saved the gimbal/camera from damage! I'm trying to decide between getting the parts and doing it myself, or just having @Thunderdrones do it. View attachment 37513

View attachment 37514
Thanks guys! -CF

30 ft from the last recorded point is about right at the speed it was moving. How tall was the vegetation at that location?

OK - at the last recorded point it was reporting 60 ft ± barometer error AGL, so that is very reasonable.
Thanks for all your input, I’m thinking I’m going to cut back on the decent rate after this;). Oh, and did I mention the bright orange skin?

Reactions: sar104
Thanks for all your input, I’m thinking I’m going to cut back on the decent rate after this;). Oh, and did I mention the bright orange skin?

what about a GPS tracker? or don't you get cell service in that area?

Reactions: MavicCF
I am sure my day will come too! with the distance tests I have been doing!..lol but I hope the gps tracker will help me find it! :)

I use the trackmo 3G don't get the 2g version cause that is on its way out :(

just rember to calibrate compass WITH gps tracker in place!

That is cheaper then trackmo per year , is it 3g or 2g service?

State Farm is $60 a year, and you can insure multiple drones or other equipment for that cost. $24 more a year means your drone back, while GPS won't tell you more than where it is. If it fell down something or on some *******'s property that won't let you retrieve it, you're SOL.
You can always do both, but why bother?

State Farm is $60 a year, and you can insure multiple drones or other equipment for that cost. $24 more a year means your drone back, while GPS won't tell you more than where it is. If it fell down something or on some *******'s property that won't let you retrieve it, you're SOL.
You can always do both, but why bother?

yes true I have state farm too BUT why make a claim if I can get the drone back of course if I don't come across a person that wont let me get it the thing I wonder tho how many claims can you make before they drop you! or raise the rate! :(

That is cheaper then trackmo per year , is it 3g or 2g service?
Oddly enough, I don't see that mentioned anywhere on the Ping website. Some reviews (like this one) say it's 3G.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez