DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I've got the "J" Hook

FASTFJR

Reactions
Takes me back to my Phantom 2 with the J hook issue. I went out flying yesterday, I ended up doing a compass calibration at three locations within 2-3 miles. All places I have flown before and never had an issue. Compass and IMU numbers look to be fine. However when flying forward (Straight) after about 100-150ft out it will start drifting left.....when I slow down the hook really gets sharp almost like the J hook issue with the P2 I had if anyone remembers that. This is the first time I've had the issue with my Mavic. I swapped out all four props and it does the same thing. Software and firmware up all up to date. What else should I be looking at?

Thanks

Takes me back to my Phantom 2 with the J hook issue. I went out flying yesterday, I ended up doing a compass calibration at three locations within 2-3 miles. All places I have flown before and never had an issue. Compass and IMU numbers look to be fine. However when flying forward (Straight) after about 100-150ft out it will start drifting left.....when I slow down the hook really gets sharp almost like the J hook issue with the P2 I had if anyone remembers that. This is the first time I've had the issue with my Mavic. I swapped out all four props and it does the same thing. Software and firmware up all up to date. What else should I be looking at?

Thanks

Not the dreaded J-hook. I miss that so much.

What should you be looking at? The DAT files - from the aircraft if you can get them, if not, then from the mobile device.

Reactions: FASTFJR
Not the dreaded J-hook. I miss that so much.

What should you be looking at? The DAT files - from the aircraft if you can get them, if not, then from the mobile device.

Thanks, I'll pull them when I get home tonight. It was kind funny, I was flying with a friend of mine who has a couple drones. Before I even thought about he said you have the J hook from the P2 LOL

One thing I did not try in fact I didn't even think of until I saw a post about drifting was Stick Calibration. I don't think that would do anything......but maybe it will

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair