DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Jerky stops, hard to explaine

Leo153

Reactions
Howdy,
Not sure how to describe this exactly...

My Mavic is flying just fine. Has tons of speed & power. It lifts off very fast (regular mode, not Sport).
When I pull off a full stick the aircraft stops quickly and will dip forward. If flying right or left the drone tilts slightly when I come off the stick. If flies great, but I'm not sure the rocky/jerky stop is normal. It reminds me of a car needing struts or shocks.
Also, I've slowed my gimbal speed too low & factory setting was too fast. What's speed is jusssssssssssst right?
Thanks in advance.
Leo

Your stop issue sounds normal for regular mode. The MP hits the brakes when you come off the stick to limit the distance it overshoots. Some modes (Tripod, cinematographic) limit the braking to give smoother shots. I haven't had any issues with the gimbal speed. Best thing to do is to fly slower so you don't overstress the gimbal and sensor software. A lot of issues go away by themselves when you slow down.

I believe you can adjust your stop speed in the settings. You just have to play with gimble speed, I think mine is set at 15, but I'm no photographer.

It will be possible to slow down the braking in the advanced settings, it's also possible to slow down the braking by easing off the sticks gradually :rolleyes:
They introduced quite aggressive braking by default when forward sensors became the norm - so it can hope to stop in the distance it can see.

It may be your forward sensors acting up or needing calibration. I smashed one of my front sensors and had the same problem. I then had to disable front sensors to fly "normally"

I believe you can adjust your stop speed in the settings. You just have to play with gimble speed, I think mine is set at 15, but I'm no photographer.

No, you will not adjust this by changing stop speed it will change only speed but not robotic-like stops and starts.
It's a DJI bug and they just don't want to fix it, the reproduced that bug again and again, my old maivic had it and my new Mavic 2 zoom has.
Jently touching sticks technique will not help also, the speed graph is LINEAR and it should be exponential instead.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair