Join Us Now

Joining the M3 Family

RUFFSTUFF

RUFFSTUFF Media
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
www.ruffstuffmedia.com
Well, after flying the other drones forever it seems (forever meaning 6-18 months), I finally bit the bullet and ordered a Mavic 3 and it should be here this week.
Not going to lie, I'm a little excited about it. Xavier over at Drone X Factor helped me out on a good deal.

I'll probably sell one of my A2S, no real need to have 2.

Cheers!

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Drone X Factor must have been reading all my posts on buying a Refurb Mavic 3 instead of the Mavic 3 Classic! ! LOL! For those still wanting the DJI Refurbished Deal on the Mavic 3 Combo at $2199, DroneNerds still carries them! No need to buy a used one from Amazon!

Drone X Factor must have been reading all my posts on buying a Refurb Mavic 3 instead of the Mavic 3 Classic! ! LOL! For those still wanting the DJI Refurbished Deal on the Mavic 3 Combo at $2199, DroneNerds still carries them! No need to buy a used one from Amazon!
That's what I did... Like when DJI was selling the A2S FMC with the RC Pro for $1750... Too good to pass up.

That's what I did... Like when DJI was selling the A2S FMC with the RC Pro for $1750... Too good to pass up.
To be fair, at the time, even B&H was telling everyone asking that the included RC Pro, which was labeled as a Smart Controller on the box, was not compatible with the Mavic 3, although many suspected that it would eventually be. It was a gamble. Ultimately it was, through a FW update, but not at the time of purchase. Heck of a deal. DJI ran out of SC's and temporarily substituted the RC Pro in the Air 2S combo package for the same price, at an additional savings of over $450 off the $1200 RC Pro price, as the SC itself sold for $750 separately.

Refurbs from DJI are the same as new. Hardest problem is availability. Usually, none are available until 6-12 months after the initial release of the drone model, by which time all the bugs are out, and all the fatures have been implemented. Best value and best time to buy!

To be fair, at the time, even B&H was telling everyone asking that the included RC Pro, which was labeled as a Smart Controller on the box, was not compatible with the Mavic 3, although many suspected that it would eventually be. It was a gamble. Ultimately it was, through a FW update, but not at the time of purchase. Heck of a deal. DJI ran out of SC's and temporarily substituted the RC Pro in the Air 2S combo package for the same price, at an additional savings of over $450 off the $1200 RC Pro price, as the SC itself sold for $750 separately.

Refurbs from DJI are the same as new. Hardest problem is availability. Usually, none are available until 6-12 months after the initial release of the drone model, by which time all the bugs are out, and all the fatures have been implemented. Best value and best time to buy!
We all knew it was a matter of when, not if. That's how DJI works. Nothing is ever fully functioning and/or compatible on release day.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I've whined and moaned and moped for enough time that just today my wife finally said: "just buy the **** drone and shut-up about it"

my plan bore fruit and the price at Drone Nerds is 80 dollars less than the out of stock price at DJI

We all knew it was a matter of when, not if. That's how DJI works. Nothing is ever fully functioning and/or compatible on release day.
We all did not know at the time. No one did. When an Air 2S specific bundled RC Pro is being sold for $450 less than the M3 RC Pro shortly after the M3 RC Pro release, and everyone, including DJI, said it was only for the Air 2S, nobody knew at the time that it was the same device, with future M3 compatibility. It was a big gamble that paid off for you. No one from DJI said it would be made compatible with the M3 at that time, at any time in the future. Quite the contrary. They said it would not. Even B&H stated so in their vendor replies to this very question! I followed this very closely at the time, because I was considering buying a second Air 2S just to get the deal on the RC Pro, if it was the same. We were told it was not! However, I already had an M3 RC Pro, so I didn't take the chance. You did, and were rewarded for gambling, but to say everyone knew it was the same, and it was inevitable that it would be made compatible is just false!

Your last statement, however, is true, but that doesn't make the first statement true.

We all did not know at the time. No one did. When an Air 2S specific bundled RC Pro is being sold for $450 less than the M3 RC Pro shortly after the M3 RC Pro release, and everyone, including DJI, said it was only for the Air 2S, nobody knew at the time that it was the same device, with future M3 compatibility. It was a big gamble that paid off for you. No one from DJI said it would be made compatible with the M3 at that time, at any time in the future. Quite the contrary. They said it would not. Even B&H stated so in their vendor replies to this very question! I followed this very closely at the time, because I was considering buying a second Air 2S just to get the deal on the RC Pro, if it was the same. We were told it was not! However, I already had an M3 RC Pro, so I didn't take the chance. You did, and were rewarded for gambling, but to say everyone knew it was the same, and it was inevitable that it would be made compatible is just false!

Your last statement, however, is true, but that doesn't make the first statement true.
Some of the events you describe above are true. Yes, the firmware versions for the Mavic 3 RC Pro and the Air 2S RC Pro were different and locked to their specific model when the Air 2S bundle was released. This led to the belief that there were different versions of the RC Pro, as you could not mix-and-match the RC Pro's with the opposite drone...
But DJI clearly stated as far back as the beginning of Jan 2022 (let's just pick 1/9/22 as a good date), in the DJI Forum no less, that "The DJI RC Pro included in the DJI Air 2S Fly More Combo (DJI Smart Controller) is only compatible with DJI Air 2S, and will be made compatible for other drone models afterwards." Right after I saw this, I bought the bundle and picked up my 2nd Air 2S (let's just pick 1/14/22 as a good date).
Let me know if you need the link to support what I knew back then, because it is you who is wrong in my perspective.
The WE ALL I know, knew, or maybe my name is nobody... I don't gamble much... :)

Some of the events you describe above are true. Yes, the firmware versions for the Mavic 3 RC Pro and the Air 2S RC Pro were different and locked to their specific model when the Air 2S bundle was released. This led to the belief that there were different versions of the RC Pro, as you could not mix-and-match the RC Pro's with the opposite drone...
But DJI clearly stated as far back as the beginning of Jan 2022 (let's just pick 1/9/22 as a good date), in the DJI Forum no less, that "The DJI RC Pro included in the DJI Air 2S Fly More Combo (DJI Smart Controller) is only compatible with DJI Air 2S, and will be made compatible for other drone models afterwards." Right after I saw this, I bought the bundle and picked up my 2nd Air 2S (let's just pick 1/14/22 as a good date).
Let me know if you need the link to support what I knew back then, because it is you who is wrong in my perspective.
The WE ALL I know, knew, or maybe my name is nobody... I don't gamble much... :)
What you may not know is that the exact same bundle you purchased shortly after January 9th, had been sold by B&H since early December, and none of those purchasers prior to January 9th had any assurance that the RC Pro in the bundle would ever be made compatible with any other drone. Further, even the quote you cite from DJI in the DJI Forum on January 9th made no promise that the Air 2S RC Pro would ever be compatible with the Mavic 3. So, if you were hoping "other drone models" included the Mavic 3, you, too, were gambling. Given that many were hoping backwards for compatibility with the older Mavic 2 and Air 2, and the huge $450 price differential between the Air 2S version and the Mavic 3 version, it was a big gamble that ultimately paid off for you. Also, shortly after January 9, the RC Pro in the Air 2S Combo bundle was replaced with the original Smart Controller, which was shown on the outside of the Combo box. You were very lucky to have received the RC Pro inside when you did, and lucky that DJI later made the Air 2S RC Pro compatible with the Mavic 3. There was no guarantee of either at the time you bought it. You could not have known it would be made compatible with the Mavic 3 at your time of purchase. Nobody knew that. It was still speculation, until the much later FW update made it possible, by which time the RC Pro had already been replaced by the SC in all the Air 2S Combo bundles. Therefore, it would have been impossible for anyone to have known of its Mavic 3 compatibility at the time of purchase.

Isn't it always speculation until it happens? Apparently some of us don't need 100% confirmation of success prior to making good decisions. So you call it luck and gambling and hope, waiting for assurances. Sure. I bought the M3P w/RC the day of release. So yeah, I'm a big gambler since now that controller is compatible with the M3p, M3 and A2S. But there were no assurances that day!

Anyhow, thank you for the feedback.

Isn't it always speculation until it happens? Apparently some of us don't need 100% confirmation of success prior to making good decisions. So you call it luck and gambling and hope, waiting for assurances. Sure. I bought the M3P w/RC the day of release. So yeah, I'm a big gambler since now that controller is compatible with the M3p, M3 and A2S. But there were no assurances that day!

Anyhow, thank you for the feedback.
There is a big difference between everyone knowing, at the time of purchase, which you originally claimed, and you hoping and speculating, which you are now finally admitting to.

Nevertheless, you got a great deal from a unique set of circumstances that likely will never be repeated. In hindsight, we now know that DJI substituted the $1200 RC Pro for the $750 SC for a very short period of time last year in the Air 2S Combo bundle because they temporarily ran out of SC's. However, at that time, DJI pretended it was a different RC Pro with locked down FW unique to the Air 2S. Turns out it was the same RC Pro, and they later unlocked the FW on it.

Adding compatibility to a new DJI RC controller is not uncommon. Substituting a top of the line $1200 RC Pro controller for the price of a $750 SC controller is very uncommon! Two entirely different scenarios.

There is a big difference between everyone knowing, at the time of purchase, which you originally claimed, and you hoping and speculating, which you are now finally admitting to.

Nevertheless, you got a great deal from a unique set of circumstances that likely will never be repeated. In hindsight, we now know that DJI substituted the $1200 RC Pro for the $750 SC for a very short period of time last year in the Air 2S Combo bundle because they temporarily ran out of SC's. However, at that time, DJI pretended it was a different RC Pro with locked down FW unique to the Air 2S. Turns out it was the same RC Pro, and they later unlocked the FW on it.

Adding compatibility to a new DJI RC controller is not uncommon. Substituting a top of the line $1200 RC Pro controller for the price of a $750 SC controller is very uncommon! Two entirely different scenarios.
Get over your self, I didn't admit to anything.
I didn't need hope or speculation, the RC Pro did exactly what it was bought for: Control my Air 2S drone. It really didn't matter what DJI or B&H said in December or January or March about compatibility with any other drone... Period. It was almost a year later until I bought a Mavic 3, which is what you are so hung up on!!! You have wasted a significant amount of time grandstanding on a faulty understanding of the situation at hand.
Also, if you want to nitpick words, I never said everyone knew, I said "we all knew". It may be a stretch of the imagination to think that you were not, and are also currently not, a member of my world called "We". Therefore, you did not get the memo.

I think it's time for you to move on and find the life, attention and assurances you so crave.

Get over your self, I didn't admit to anything.
I didn't need hope or speculation, the RC Pro did exactly what it was bought for: Control my Air 2S drone. It really didn't matter what DJI or B&H said in December or January or March about compatibility with any other drone... Period. It was almost a year later until I bought a Mavic 3, which is what you are so hung up on!!! You have wasted a significant amount of time grandstanding on a faulty understanding of the situation at hand.
Also, if you want to nitpick words, I never said everyone knew, I said "we all knew". It may be a stretch of the imagination to think that you were not, and are also currently not, a member of my world called "We". Therefore, you did not get the memo.

I think it's time for you to move on and find the life, attention and assurances you so crave.
Potato, Potato. Your self incriminating posts speak for themselves. You are the one who was pretending to be smarter than everyone else. The rest of the facts also speak for themselves. Over and out. We're done here.

Potato, Potato. Your self incriminating posts speak for themselves. You are the one who was pretending to be smarter than everyone else. The rest of the facts also speak for themselves. Over and out. We're done here.
Yawn.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez