DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just a heads up for future 107 exam takers...

Reactions
Whew. Just got done with my exam 83% (its freaking hard even after a week+ of studying) and wanted to pass on some tidbits on what I saw and what was different than I was told. Being a bit of a cheapskate, I decided to go the free route as opposed to the paid courses, which are awesome, I watched some of the example videos but being that most were more than the test itself did the following went on fiverr and downloaded a prep guide (total jip, but only $5) It was the exact same thing as what you can find all over. Check out www. 3dr.com and goto their faa study part have a really good guide for free. Next, buck up 6.99 and use the app store and download uAS107 it even has a 4+ rating which is hard for mini 3rd party apps, plus with this is they have 5-6 banks of questions but after you see the correct answer for each one it will tell you and show you why it is that answer. Plus, they use integrated charts and maps in the app to help you get a grasp on that. Lastly, I used quizlet (free site I used to use for my IT certs prep) and watched the 1+ hour you tube preps for free. So total cost is 6.99 and a ton of hours...

Okay now for the test, I had memorized almost all the questions, I thought, turns out I had about 15 questions that were q&a, good news its only 3 choices, but the remainder were almost all SUPPLEMENT CHARTS & MAPS. You have to know those backwards and forwards, getting use to going outside of the box and subtracting MSL and AGL to find elevation points, tricky airspace answers that look easy but its a hidden find. Weather was in there as well.. I studied the heck out of the METAR reports and only had like 3 questions about them. its MAPS MAPS MAPS..Unicom multicom, CTAF, all that jazz. Dedicate about 2 weeks with 2 hours every other day and should be no problem. But dont take it likely the two other people testing with me failed, aka $150 down the drain! :(

Wish yall the best if your taking it soon. And wanted to pass off my experience and how I got it done with $7!!! :) Happy Flying.

Ohhh and one other thing.. make sure you read over the legend\supplement they give you in the handbook there are several questions you can find the answers to in there, MOA or line\color for airspace type, etc.. hope this helps

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
Good info on about the exam. I still feel the whole thing for a lot of people including myself is just absurd, but what are you going to do?

I spent the money on Goldseal . It was fun and they guarantee you pass or they pay. Their course was really fun and really teaches you everything in a way that helps you remember. Even long after the test. It will make you want to get a pilots license.

Looking to take the test this coming Fall. I actually have quite a few paying jobs waiting for me as soon as I (hopefully) pass.

Good for you.. That's exactly what I did. .I built my website, made some marketing cards, made sure I had some future biz then that made me really study and not put off the test. I was waaay too scared to do any job without the license.. FYI though, once u do the test, 1 day to upload results, then 5-7 to get temp, soon as I got that did 3 bookings first week, lol. Just play it safe boss, glad your already making moves too! :) I cant express how much to watch videos on charts and data the review guide is very dry and hard to understand on that topic. Just follow what I did and allocate about 2 weeks and u got it.. also youtube experience videos helped to for prep, just check the date, as the test evolves every time. good luck

I spent the money on Goldseal . It was fun and they guarantee you pass or they pay. Their course was really fun and really teaches you everything in a way that helps you remember. Even long after the test. It will make you want to get a pilots license.
Just curious, how long did it take you to go through the material? and the cost? I might want to guide some people that ask me or have problems digesting data certain ways. Thanks for the info

I passed the 107 with an 88%, I agree, it was harder than I expected. It was heavy in sectional chart questions so know it inside and out. I had 5-7 questions on CRM so know that as well. I suggest downloading the FAA 107 study text and read at least three times cover to cover. You will do fine!

Highly recommend. Comes with 5 free practice tests.

Remote Pilot Test Prep 2019: Study & Prepare: Pass your test and know what is essential to safely operate an unmanned aircraft from the most trusted source in aviation training (Test Prep Series) Remote Pilot Test Prep 2019: Study & Prepare: Pass your test and know what is essential to safely operate an unmanned aircraft from the most trusted source in aviation training (Test Prep Series): ASA Test Prep Board: 9781619546660: Amazon.com: Books

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78