DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just bought a refurb mavic need info

Derek_M

Reactions
Currently got a great deal on a mavic refurb. Are there any differences or details I need to know ?

You should be OK if it’s directly from DJI. Here is some information from their website…

DJI Refurbished Product FAQ
What are DJI Certified Refurbished Products?
DJI Certified Refurbished Products are pre-owned DJI products that undergo DJI`s stringent refurbishment process before being offered for sale. While only some units are returned due to technical issues, before we put a DJI Certified Refurbished product up for sale, it undergoes a rigorous process to make sure it meets DJI’s high standards.

Each DJI Certified Refurbished Product:
• Undergoes full functionality testing, where any defective modules are replaced;
• Is put through a thorough cleaning and inspection process;
• Is repackaged (including appropriate manuals, parts) and new boxes;
• Is placed into a Final Quality Assurance inspection before being offered for sale;
• Undergo the same basic testing procedures and are assessed with the same technical guidelines as new DJI products;
• May have slight signs of wear, such as minor scratches. Returns due to aesthetic conditions that do not affect product performance are not accepted.
Is the quality of DJI refurbished products guaranteed?
Yes. DJI promises you that every refurbished product is tested thoroughly and that the quality of refurbished products is the same as new products.
What kind of after-sales service are DJI refurbished products eligible for?
The after-sales service policy for DJI refurbished products is identical to that of new products. However, refurbished products can only be exchanged for refurbished products, not new products.
Can I purchase DJI Care for refurbished products?
Yes, you can purchase DJI Care for a refurbished product. The coverage amount will be the same as for a new product.
How can I buy a DJI refurbished product?
Refurbished products are available at the DJI Online Store and other online platforms. Refurbished products can also be purchased from authorized DJI dealers.
How can I identify a refurbished product?
Check the serial number. For all refurbished products, the fifth from last character will be "S"or "R".
What should I expect when I purchase a DJI Certified Refurbished Product?
• Substantial savings;
• A fully functional product with complete documentation;
• The assurance that the product meets DJI's high standards by passing our rigorous refurbishment process;
• The option to purchase DJI Care to extend your coverage even further.

Reactions: copterbob and RKX
My Mavic is a refurb from DJI.

You will be very happy :) Batteries are new, The drone looks brand new (the only way I knew it was a refurb physically was that there was a cable missing (stated online it was) and that the little film on the remote was put back on instead of factory applied)

No batter life issues, I get 21-25 minutes on regular flights depending on how I fly or conditions outside. Warranty is the exact same as a new unit. I got dji refresh with the money I saved getting the refurb and buying direct from the dji USA store instead of buying it new in canada. And it gave me that extra piece of mind.

I received the unit in about a week from when I placed my order.

Enjoy your new drone, :)

Reactions: copterbob
That’s great what cable is missing though

It was stated on the dji product page it would not include the reverse micro usb cable, I ordered it along with the drone when I bought it (of course it turned out I didn't need the reversing cable as I had thought for some reason *shrugs*). If your listing did not say anything was missing from the kit then nothing will be.

Only thing is to do an inspection of the craft, make sure the props fit securely and aren't damaged, and check all your RTH and obstacle avoidance functions.

Thinking of buying a refurb i seen on eBay. Decent price and they say it's an official DJI refurb. Only thing is it only comes with three month warranty. Would you buy one with only three months? Not sure what to do, it seems short to me.

Thinking of buying a refurb i seen on eBay. Decent price and they say it's an official DJI refurb.
Got a link?

Only thing is it only comes with three month warranty. Would you buy one with only three months?
No. If the seller is an authorized DJI dealer, it should come with a 1-year warranty. Maybe buy one from the DJI Store instead.

Reactions: ksmusa
Thinking of buying a refurb i seen on eBay. Decent price and they say it's an official DJI refurb. Only thing is it only comes with three month warranty. Would you buy one with only three months? Not sure what to do, it seems short to me.

Three months warranty is absolutely too short and being it’s from eBay that means nothing. Three months is the length eBay allows you to file a case against the seller.

So, you'd essentially be buying a used refurbished Mavic Pro with whatever warranty remains from DJI. If 599 is a good price for a used Mavic Pro in the UK, then I guess it wouldn't be such a bad deal.

The only thing I'm wondering about is the condition of the Mavic Pro. I did notice the seller has positive feedback from others who have recently bought refurbished Mavic Pros from that same listing.

Reactions: ksmusa
So, you'd essentially be buying a used refurbished Mavic Pro with whatever warranty remains from DJI. If 599 is a good price for a used Mavic Pro in the UK, then I guess it wouldn't be such a bad deal.

The only thing I'm wondering about is the condition of the Mavic Pro. I did notice the seller has positive feedback from others who have recently bought refurbished Mavic Pros from that same listing.

Well a brand new one here in the UK is £899. That's from the official DJI store. So quite a considerable saving there.

I'm just weary about buying refurbished units. It's still a lot of money and, as you say, you cant be completely sure on the condition of said unit. There's a few more options; there's one on Amazon (a little more expensive) and there's also one on a site called Scan.co.uk. (which I've never used). So i have a few options but i'm still a bit weary.

Three months warranty is absolutely too short and being it’s from eBay that means nothing. Three months is the length eBay allows you to file a case against the seller.

Yeah the three months is putting me off a bit.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian