DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just ordered Mavic Pro from DJI

Jesus. So you ordered it less than a week ago?
I've been waiting for over a month for my fly more combo.
Thats life when living in Norway atm.

I actually wished it didn't show up so fast I was expecting a little more time. I was out of town on business the week it arrived, and hadn't really laid the required groundwork for the actual purchase, so my wife was not really thrilled signing for it. :) . But I've done about 12 flights so far, it's awesome. First non-toy drone I've ever flown.

Jesus. So you ordered it less than a week ago?
I've been waiting for over a month for my fly more combo.
Thats life when living in Norway atm.

I know...I sound spoiled. I couldn't imagine having to wait a month or more. I'll keep your struggles in mind next time I begin to whine!

Good luck and hope your Mavic arrives soon!

Bad Drone

My worst
I know...I sound spoiled. I couldn't imagine having to wait a month or more. I'll keep your struggles in mind next time I begin to whine!

Good luck and hope your Mavic arrives soon!

Bad Drone
Thanks alot, did get an indication from my local store today that it might show up next week, but no guarantees!
I probably know more about this thing than DJI themselves, i've litteraly abused YouTube and forums the last month! Just hope i dont get tired of it before I actually get it.

I actually wished it didn't show up so fast I was expecting a little more time. I was out of town on business the week it arrived, and hadn't really laid the required groundwork for the actual purchase, so my wife was not really thrilled signing for it. :) . But I've done about 12 flights so far, it's awesome. First non-toy drone I've ever flown.

I made a deal with my wife. We put 50% of our tax return into our savings and then split the other 50% between the two of us. The agreement being that she doesn't ask me what I do with my 25% and I don't ask her what she does with hers!

And yes I can't wait to take mine for a maiden flight...now I just have to hope the weather stays decent

Bad Drone

ordered mine the 17th got it to me on the 27th was suppose to arrive today but they delivered it early.

6bcc734b67b14793ef8f0e8e01feecba.jpg
22cdb96fa31de69b88c9cedf0133b7b7.jpg

How was that a delivery attempt? Are FedEx drivers all trained by the League of Shadows? How in the **** did I miss the delivery???

I called FedEx customer service and basically freaked out for 5 straight minutes until the nice lady promised to send a message into the dispatch for the driver to reattempt delivery today. Now I am supposed to wait for another two hours for the driver to contact me and hopefully return to my house with my goddamned Mavic.

So frustrating that on this glorious day something has to go wrong.

Side note, yes I realize that this is very much an entitled, first-world complaint I'm lodging. But I just want it so freaking bad...haha

Bad Drone

That's so frustrating... problem is that now you are going to sit at home for another 2-3 hours waiting for a second delivery attempt, instead of making "unboxing the Mavic" video. Literally you could be done by now with your video and posting it in YouTube.

I hope it all works out. Things happen for a reason.

I hope you get it today Bad Drone!!!! FedEx can do some ****** things sometimes. I delivered mi e to my business so it didn't get messed with.

Just got mine yesterday! 2 days early! Took it out last night and charged the batteries and controller then updated the firmware. Messed around a bit learning the ins and outs. Taking her out tomorrow for her maiden voyage! Super stoked!!!

Sent from my Pixel XL using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: Bad Drone
That's so frustrating... problem is that now you are going to sit at home for another 2-3 hours waiting for a second delivery attempt, instead of making "unboxing the Mavic" video. Literally you could be done by now with your video and posting it in YouTube.

I hope it all works out. Things happen for a reason.

Hahaha I know right? I probably won't make an unboxing video since I've watched about 40 of them already...but rest assured I will be taking and posting lots of pictures with the Mavic and accessories all laid out neatly ! Haha!

Bad Drone

UPDATE:

I called FedEx again after the 2 hour window for 2nd delivery attempt expired, spoke to a very understanding and helpful lady who called the dispatcher and left a voicemail for the driver to make sure he/she redelivers. As a failsafe, if the re-delivery isn't possible today, the lady at FedEx set up a time for me to pick up the package this evening between 6pm and 7pm at the local FedEx facility about 20 min from my house.

Keeping fingers crossed that no more shenanigans ensue.

Bad Drone

Reactions: ISpeekW00kie
I hope you get it today Bad Drone!!!! FedEx can do some ****** things sometimes. I delivered mi e to my business so it didn't get messed with.

Just got mine yesterday! 2 days early! Took it out last night and charged the batteries and controller then updated the firmware. Messed around a bit learning the ins and outs. Taking her out tomorrow for her maiden voyage! Super stoked!!!

Congrats! Hopefully I'll be doing the same in a few days...monitoring the weather closely for a good maiden voyage opportunity!

Bad Drone

Did a quick flight maiden voyage tonight, took a couple pictures and some video to see what this bad boy can do. Here's a picture. I'll be going out tomorrow for much longer.
91694c4f80a25bcacf8bd3d361966ee7.jpg

Reactions: Bad Drone
Congrats bro, you're so gonna love the little bugger.. I know I do..

And I ordered mine from DJI after waiting for almost a month from a local seller and was told I needed to wait another month..
So I cancelled the seller and bought direct from DJI, broke my bank because I had to pay around 400 plus more from DJI but got it in within a week..

Been flying it daily now.. HAHA

I got the same deal! I'm not a big fan of the bag, but it will work for now. I ordered a Lowepro ViewPoint BP 250 backpack. When I get it, I'll be reviewing it and I'll post a link up on the YouTube. Happy for you brother!!!

Yeah I agree. The bag is too tight for carrying all the accessories plus I like the protection of a hard case. I ordered a HPRC hard case with a custom foam insert that is supposed to show up tomorrow in the mail. I feel like spending another $100 on a well made case that protects my $1300 investment is a solid move. Here's a shot of the case interior.

7699e9635a30ecb3375aa99b542d0f18.jpg

I'll probably use the bag for transporting to and from quick local flights or if I need to carry my GoPro and mounts with me for the day.

Charging batteries and RC as I type...once I get everything fully charged I'm going to start upgrading firmware and doing all the little prep work so it's ready to fly as soon as the weather breaks!

Bad Drone

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard