DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just put my drone in the lake now I'm trying to find it need help

STUFF2C

Reactions
So I was flying my drone across the lake 500 feet away and it nosedived for some strange reason now I need to figure out how to pinpoint it so I can try and retrieve it any help would be greatly appreciated I'm sitting in my boat right now

how how do you use the go 4 app to pinpoint the last known spot

So I was flying my drone across the lake 500 feet away and it nosedived for some strange reason now I need to figure out how to pinpoint it so I can try and retrieve it any help would be greatly appreciated I'm sitting in my boat right now
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides.

I have the last GPS I have the last GPS coordinates I just need to know how to locate that

Reactions: mnis
I have the last GPS I have the last GPS coordinates I just need to know how to locate that
Do you have the actual GPS location for the crash location?
Or a location for the last point of contact while the drone was still flying?
If the first option, you use a handheld GPS receiver tor GPS app on your phone to pinpoint the spot.
If the second option, you need to do some more calculation to come up with a likely crash point.

I have the last splash point... no hand held GPS

hey thanks hey thanks I'm heading back to the house to get the GPS out of my car it's got a battery thanks for your help

I have the last splash point... no hand held GPS

You have the actual impact point or the disconnect point? Or were those the same? If it disconnected in the air while moving then the splash down location may have been different.

Reactions: STUFF2C
Viewing a point on Google Earth probably isn't much help to pinpoint a spot 500 feet out on a lake.
He needs a way to tell when his boat is in the right position.
I sunk and found my drone. As I recall GO4 App using find my drone feature provided both the last known spot and where I currently was. I just zoomed in and tried to keep my blue dot at last known location. It was amazingly accurate.

I sunk and found my drone. As I recall GO4 App using find my drone feature provided both the last known spot and where I currently was. I just zoomed in and tried to keep my blue dot at last known location. It was amazingly accurate.
As posts #6 and #10 were trying to point out, the app can only show the last point where it had contact with the drone.
If that was the crash site, the drone will be close by.
But if the drone was flying and contact was lost, the drone will have ended up somewhere else.
Depending on a lot of different factors, that might be 10 feet away ... or 10 miles.

We resume the search tomorrow.... party started... no searches under the cloud of mad dog 2020

Reactions: Flycaster and KJack
We resume the search tomorrow.... party started... no searches under the cloud of mad dog 2020
If you post flight data, someone might be able to see if it gives any clues relating to the incident or at least eliminate some common causes.
(as well as confirm the crash location)

I checked and confirmed the DJI app find my drone feature included the spot where it hit the water and my location. I am the blue fit that is partially under the done icon. 3BD0033F-5469-4FC3-908D-8F66DDD8A0C5.png

If you post flight data, someone might be able to see if it gives any clues relating to the incident or at least eliminate some common causes.
(as well as confirm the crash location)
All I need is today’s mathematics to close the threadThumbswayup

Reactions: STUFF2C
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000