DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just took my 100th flight with my MM!

Dbez1

107 Pilot
Premium Pilot
Reactions
As the title says, 100 flights and NO crashes at 109 miles. I probably would have more flight time except for the weather. For what it’s worth, I store the MM unfolded so there is no pressure on the props. One strange thing though...the most recent firmware update required 2 of my 3 batteries to update but the 3rd one works perfectly and will not update. Today I tested it and, against a sunny sky with intermittent white puffy clouds, I had VLOS to around 3,000’ at 200’ altitude. So far, I’ve been really happy with my MM.
Thanks to all for the great information about how to fly safely and without incident! A few tips combined with some common sense goes a long way. ?

Last edited:
109 miles! wow!

Im on 79 flights as of today - but only just over 7 miles.

All has been totally perfect, no issue other than the odd warning on screen in relation to the antenna position etc.
I live in a rural area so it’s easy for me to put on the mileage.

Reactions: Wild Wayne
Me to - surrounded by countryside. I haven't had much confidence in just sending the MM off into the distance. Just upwards to the legal limit or thereabouts, not far outwards.

I am a newbie to drones although seasoned RC Glider Pilot. The Fixed wing aircraft feels more reliable but I am sure its just in my head.

As the title says, 100 flights and NO crashes at 109 miles. I probably would have more flight time except for the weather. For what it’s worth, I store the MM unfolded so there is no pressure on the props. One strange thing though...the most recent firmware update required 2 of my 3 batteries to update but the 3rd one works perfectly and will not update. Today I tested it and, against a sunny sky with intermittent white puffy clouds, I had VLOS to around 3,000’ at 200’ altitude. So far, I’ve been really happy with my MM.
Thanks to all for the great information about how to fly safely and without incident! A few tips combined with some common sense goes a long way. ?
Wow! 3000’, that’s just over 900m. I can barely see my Spark at 300m!

had the same thoughts myself i cant even see my MPP at much more than 1200 ft,i really doubt a MM could be seen at 3000 ft but he might have bionic eye transplants,if so i would not mind some of them

Me to - surrounded by countryside. I haven't had much confidence in just sending the MM off into the distance. Just upwards to the legal limit or thereabouts, not far outwards.

I am a newbie to drones although seasoned RC Glider Pilot. The Fixed wing aircraft feels more reliable but I am sure its just in my head.
Although I’m not familiar with your terrain or with fixed wing aircraft, but I’m usually comfortable out to 2500-3000’ IF the wind is calm. I’m totally comfortable within VLOS, again wind dependent. What scares me is winding through trees.

had the same thoughts myself i cant even see my MPP at much more than 1200 ft,i really doubt a MM could be seen at 3000 ft but he might have bionic eye transplants,if so i would not mind some of them
Lol...no bionic eyes but I don’t dare blink or it’s impossible to find again. Try it against puffy white clouds, you’ll see it but don’t blink. ?

Absolutely the same with my mini. During recent firmware update, 2 of 3 batteries update and 3rd will not but works perfectly.

I’m on 164 flights Since I got it the beginning of March, with zero issues other that what I think was a momentary uncontrolled decent when I first got it. I switched out the props and haven’t had an issue since with the props stored in the fly more bag the way DJI recommends.
As far as the third battery not updating, the battery that is in the mini when it does the update, also updates that battery.

Absolutely the same with my mini. During recent firmware update, 2 of 3 batteries update and 3rd will not but works perfectly.
I did the update I guess about 2 weeks ago but have never seen anything saying that my batteries need to be updated. Have had no problems. Don't know why.

Lol...no bionic eyes but I don’t dare blink or it’s impossible to find again. Try it against puffy white clouds, you’ll see it but don’t blink. ?
How in the heck can you see your MM from a half a mile away? I have a problems staying focus on my Mavic Pro from that distance!

Reactions: old man mavic
Hi last week took my 79th flight and 58 miles with my mavic mini and all was going well then 4 min into flight got a sensor error message then lost contact with remote and that was it it should have gone into fail safe but never came back. I am working with DJI as a fly away as they will not honour the dji refresh care if you have lost your drone . Now I will be flying my mavic 2 zoom but as far as ease of use and travel I loved my mavic mini.

Hi last week took my 79th flight and 58 miles with my mavic mini and all was going well then 4 min into flight got a sensor error message then lost contact with remote and that was it it should have gone into fail safe but never came back. I am working with DJI as a fly away as they will not honour the dji refresh care if you have lost your drone . Now I will be flying my mavic 2 zoom but as far as ease of use and travel I loved my mavic mini.
Post flight logs here? Locate your lost Mini.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin