DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Kids trying to knock drone down, get trespass warning.

Infidel90

Reactions
Ha, Ha, flying the Mavic, when I flew over the middle school and saw 3 kids in the sealed off construction area. Dropped in lower and they start throwing stuff at the drone. They run and climb onto the roof to throw more stuff at the drone. Well, I got pissed they kept trying to knock the bird down, so I invited the man into their lives.

Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 7.28.24 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 7.26.15 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 7.34.16 PM.png

good point. I thought flying over people, official buildings etc. is a no-go (it certainly is here in Germany)
At least they were at school

What's a kid to do in a world were they get in trouble for being at school and not being at school?

WTH? RIF! (Reading is fundamental) Trespass warning.....its in the title. That means what the kids were doing was ILLEGAL. "Sealed off construction area"... that means they were where they (children) were not supposed to be, (as in a sealed off construction area). Its summer here schools are closed. Plus if by chance you look at the photo you'll notice they are on top of the school running across the roof, not in the school.

So, let me make my defensive statement since it appears we have a few eat their own here.

Trespassing is a crime here. While I don't care really, kids running across the school roof is a hazard. They accessed the roof using a gutter spout and scaling the wall (pretty impressive in itself), through a sealed off construction area (more hazards). Vandalizing public property which my tax dollars pay for, is another crime. When they continually attempted to destroy personal property (my drone), if successful, that would have been another crime. Creating a hazard(s) by attempting to take a drone out of the sky itself is another crime.

Was it a **** move by me calling the cops on a few kids being kids? In and of itself, yeah. But when they took it upon themselves to try and bring down my drone and then get to a higher vantage point to continue to attempt take down my drone, while trespassing and vandalizing public property my tax dollars pay for, well I'm a **** then. If they had waved or ignored me, I'd have buzzed on by not thinking another thing about it.

Was it a **** move by me calling the cops on a few kids being kids? In and of itself, yeah. But when they took it upon themselves to try and bring down my drone and then get to a higher vantage point to continue to attempt take down my drone, while trespassing and vandalizing public property my tax dollars pay for, well I'm a **** then. If they had waved or ignored me, I'd have buzzed on by not thinking another thing about it.

I honestly think you did these kids a favor. Breaking into job sites and trespassing today could lead to stealing and doing drugs in a few years.

It's becoming a very boring world, where you cannot do anything stupid anymore because there will always be a cell phone camera (now drones) pointing at you.

I'm glad I grew up doing stupidy stuff privately.

Trespassing a construction area for kids is not something that will kill them but might give you enough adrenaline and the sense of exploration that we as natural animals need to feel in a artificial world.

WTH? RIF! (Reading is fundamental) Trespass warning.....its in the title. That means what the kids were doing was ILLEGAL. "Sealed off construction area"... that means they were where they (children) were not supposed to be, (as in a sealed off construction area). Its summer here schools are closed. Plus if by chance you look at the photo you'll notice they are on top of the school running across the roof, not in the school.

So, let me make my defensive statement since it appears we have a few eat their own here.

Trespassing is a crime here. While I don't care really, kids running across the school roof is a hazard. They accessed the roof using a gutter spout and scaling the wall (pretty impressive in itself), through a sealed off construction area (more hazards). Vandalizing public property which my tax dollars pay for, is another crime. When they continually attempted to destroy personal property (my drone), if successful, that would have been another crime. Creating a hazard(s) by attempting to take a drone out of the sky itself is another crime.

I was only joking, as a construction worker myself, I know how hard it is to keep vandals away from a job site, you did everyone a solid. I would've made the same move.

Nah...you gave kept the cops out
Had they fallen off the roof and I were their parent I would have owned you under 'attractive nuisance'

You continued to taunt and tempt them
Are you also 14 years old?

Had they fallen off the roof and I were their parent I would have owned you under 'attractive nuisance'
He kept flying his drone in the area so of course my trespassing kids felt the need to climb up on someone else's roof and throw things at the drone to cause property damage.

Um.... they started off trespassing. It's like someone breaking into your home and than suing when they fall down the stairs while carrying your TV.

I don't have kids but if I did and they were trespassing and climbed up on someone else's roof to cause damage to a drone and fell... I'd be embarrassed and teach them a lesson that they brought it on themselves... not that they are entitled to money while committing a crime.

I'm just like that, though.

You continued to taunt and tempt them
Are you also 14 years old?

Forums are always interesting due to the views people express which are often polar opposites. However the above response is just ignorant....

Also the 'attractive nuisance' doctrine you refer to is largely aimed at land owners and not drone pilots who happen to spot illegal activity and pause to film it..... ;)

Attractive nuisance doctrine - Wikipedia

Reactions: cderoche and iMario

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+