DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Landing Gear arrived promptly

miniflyer

Reactions
I'm pleased with these - they fold away - they are longer than the ones I fitted previously to the Mavic Mini and are simple to attach and remove - worth a heads up methinks.

Attachments

• Landing Gear.JPG
    Landing Gear.JPG
    426.8 KB · Views: 221
I went with a different style to keep the front arms more rigid and reduce the possibility of prop strike on the body.

Screenshot_2020-06-18 AU $10 36 Landing Gear For DJI Mavic Mini Height Extended Leg Protector ...png

Reactions: old man mavic
Do they trigger payload mode, especially as the battery is discharged?
i have that sort on my MM different brand same design they have not triggered payload mode foe me and i fly with a gimbal /sun hood as well

Reactions: miniflyer
Blimey, I have Iannes' type and they trigger payload mode when the battery reaches 30%. I drilled holes in them to reduce the weight but they still trigger the mode when the battey is in the high 20's, I am currently connecting drill holes with a file

Blimey, I have Iannes' type and they trigger payload mode when the battery reaches 30%. I drilled holes in them to reduce the weight but they still trigger the mode when the battey is in the high 20's, I am currently connecting drill holes with a file

I haven't had any payload warning messages, but then I have usually landed by 30% battery

Iannes, would you care to try it and see what happens? it would be usefu to get a comparison. I think I first saw the warning when I landed with the battery at 30% and then took of again. After drilling them and with a full battery I took off and sent it straight up, the warning/mode triggered during the climb.

Iannes, would you care to try it and see what happens? it would be usefu to get a comparison. I think I first saw the warning when I landed with the battery at 30% and then took of again. After drilling them and with a full battery I took off and sent it straight up, the warning/mode triggered during the climb.
you would probably get that warning whether you had the the legs on or not ,when the battery gets past a certain level, and bearing in mind that when you took off and climbed,
you were putting a heavy drain on the battery the slight weight of the landing gear just added to that load but did not cause it directly ,i flew my MM a few days, ago on a very dull overcast day and decided to put my nav light on as well as the landing gear extension and sun shade /gimbal protector, it flew as normal but I noticed that the flight time for a given battery remaining charge was about 3 mins shorter than usual

Sorry OMM, the only times I have seen the warning is with either the guards or these extension fitted and, battery % wise, at home I will regularily fly the drone down below the teens. My flights at home are often riddled with landings and take offs and certainly, significant vertical climbs (20m or so) because of trees and the house around the 'drone pad'.

Reactions: lowellton
Sorry OMM, the only times I have seen the warning is with either the guards or these extension fitted and, battery % wise, at home I will regularily fly the drone down below the teens. My flights at home are often riddled with landings and take offs and certainly, significant vertical climbs (20m or so) because of trees and the house around the 'drone pad'.

I flew around until a "critical no battery" landing, not once did the payload warning appear, not sure if this model of landing gear is lighter than the ones you have.
With the landing gear on the MM weighs in a 267g

Last edited:
Ta Iannes, I do not have scales that are accurate enough to give a reliable weight but I will see what happens after I have finished lightening them. One other thought occurs though, I also have my Mini largely 'skinned' with orange insulation tape, as a bird deterent, I 'guess' that adds a little weight too

Got it... fits perfectly, to remove it you have to squeeze the legs together a bit and pull.

My problem is that I barely ever use it now that I've learned the much convenient way of hand launch (pinch) and palm land my craft: stay away from dust, no more dirty feet.

Attachments

• 20200331_144223.jpg
    20200331_144223.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 55
M80116 try launching by having the idling drone sat on your palm or lightly gripped then moving your hand up fast enought to trigger a motor response from the drone and then lowering your hand. It may take a bit of getting used to but doing this I can get my mini to effectively hover off my hand as hand 'falls' away.

I'm pleased with these - they fold away - they are longer than the ones I fitted previously to the Mavic Mini and are simple to attach and remove - worth a heads up methinks.

I bought that landing gear as well and it does well.so far I have had no problems and no overweight errors. My battery time has not decreased at all [emoji846]

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjauuu