DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Landing Pads and Return to Home Accuracy

Your belief is demonstrably incorrect. So as people do not get confused, it is one and the same function, wiht two methods to trigger it. DJI refer to it as Smart RTH. In laymen terms, it is when you tell it to RTH, as against Low battery or Failsafe LOS RTH. I wont sprout the manual but it is described on p14 under Smart RTH in case anybody wants clarification.

Yes, definitely read the manual. The altitude of return to home depends on many factors, including how far away the Mavic is from you when you initiate return to home. See attachment for Safety Notices

Attachments

• RTH Safety Notices.JPG
    RTH Safety Notices.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 110
Going to agree. I pretty much supervise mine on landing. Only once did I take the chance of letting it land without supervision. I was miles in the desert after three days of rain. Playing with the new Polaris Razr.. I stopped and launched in the only flat dry location in what seemed like miles. After launching I walked through the mud to a knoll so that I could get clear LOS. I fell azz over teakettle in the mud. I was covered in mud. Couldn't catch it.. controller also covered in mud. Phone covered in mud. Lol. Battery now at 35% we'll crap.. hit RTH and started cleaning the slop off my hands. I actually got a boot stuck in the mud and stepped barefoot in the slop..lol. I watched the Mavic land about 40 feet away lol. I get back to the Razer and start pouring water on my hands so I can at least wipe some of the crap off.
e158867a82d0243c372a3d07e87666c3.jpg

Ended up drenching the Razer and Mavic case in mud. Took days to clean up.

If only the Mavic had been on folo mode! Award winning video...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N