DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LANDING PADS

Pieter Lubbe

Reactions
Good day all. I have ordered my Mavic Pro and am now awaiting delivery. In the mean time I have designed 2 landing pads. I intend using vinyl flooring material which can be rolled up into a neat roll. Tell me what you think.

Attachments

• DJI 1.png
    DJI 1.png
    127.5 KB · Views: 47
  • DJI 2.png
    DJI 2.png
    158.6 KB · Views: 40
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

I like "DJI2" the best.

Reactions: Pieter Lubbe
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching :)

Good day all. I have ordered my Mavic Pro and am now awaiting delivery. In the mean time I have designed 2 landing pads. I intend using vinyl flooring material which can be rolled up into a neat roll. Tell me what you think.
Howdy from Wyoming @Pieter Lubbe , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio. I also like DJI2 the best, Only thing about rolling vinyl flooring it tends to hold its rolled shape a little causing a curved surface unless you reverse roll it for a bit, you don't want the edges to curl up toward your blades. Fly safe and have fun!

Thank you all guys - My Mavic Pro is due for delivery this afternoon or, at the latest, tomorrow afternoon. I cant wait!!!

Have fun! I will say, whatever kind of landing pad you make/buy, I find them to be much more useful with the Mavic. I didn't really need it with my Phantom, but since the Mavic is lower to the ground, they protect the gimbal and camera on landing/takeoff from grass and debris.

Hi everybody. So, my baby has arrived. I am now officially the only Mavic Pilot in my neck of the woods (Namibia, South Western Africa) Everything is charging now. Can someone please tell me - is there a chronological list on how to proceed from here. ie calibrations, settings etc etc.

Reactions: Tropdiver
Hi Pieter, congrates on the new bird. You'll love it. In this order do this for your first time out: 1. Turn off the Cell portion of the phone(put in Airplane mode). Also turn off the WiFi. The only thing you want from the phone while flying is the screen and the phone's GPS. This is important I think for this reason: you don't want any updates until you've had reasonable flight time on this new bird. You will be able to know what's normal this way. Then if you choose to upgrade the firmware, you'll have a good feeling for what's normal and what changed during the firmware upgrade. There have been "fails" in some of the firmware upgrades. It's important to know if your quad was normal before the upgrade.
2. Don't take off right away, let the Mav have some "on" time so the GPS can grab a signal from as many satellites as possible. In Alaska, mine commonly has 16 to 18 sats.
3. Next, after it's been on but not flown yet, touch the screen of your phone near upper left edge where it says something like GPS MODE or ATTI MODE, (or search out where you do a compass calibration). Important since these were last calibrated in China, and Africa is a ways from there. You should see the deviation adjustments it makes to my compass when it first comes from China and then gets turned on in Alaska.
4. Wait for it to say "Home Point Has been Updated" VERY IMPORTANT. This is your "get out of jail free" card.
If all else fails, and communication is totally lost between the Control and the Mav, or if your phone glitches and shuts down the app, you can call the bird back to you by pressing the RTH button. Test this function when the quad is only a 100 ft away or so the first time you go out. Set the height of the RTH setting to clear anything in your area so it won't whack a tree on its way back to you.
Did I forget anything? Enjoy your MavPro, Jeff.

Hi Pieter, congrates on the new bird. You'll love it. In this order do this for your first time out: 1. Turn off the Cell portion of the phone(put in Airplane mode). Also turn off the WiFi. The only thing you want from the phone while flying is the screen and the phone's GPS. This is important I think for this reason: you don't want any updates until you've had reasonable flight time on this new bird. You will be able to know what's normal this way. Then if you choose to upgrade the firmware, you'll have a good feeling for what's normal and what changed during the firmware upgrade. There have been "fails" in some of the firmware upgrades. It's important to know if your quad was normal before the upgrade.
2. Don't take off right away, let the Mav have some "on" time so the GPS can grab a signal from as many satellites as possible. In Alaska, mine commonly has 16 to 18 sats.
3. Next, after it's been on but not flown yet, touch the screen of your phone near upper left edge where it says something like GPS MODE or ATTI MODE, (or search out where you do a compass calibration). Important since these were last calibrated in China, and Africa is a ways from there. You should see the deviation adjustments it makes to my compass when it first comes from China and then gets turned on in Alaska.
4. Wait for it to say "Home Point Has been Updated" VERY IMPORTANT. This is your "get out of jail free" card.
If all else fails, and communication is totally lost between the Control and the Mav, or if your phone glitches and shuts down the app, you can call the bird back to you by pressing the RTH button. Test this function when the quad is only a 100 ft away or so the first time you go out. Set the height of the RTH setting to clear anything in your area so it won't whack a tree on its way back to you.
Did I forget anything? Enjoy your MavPro, Jeff.
Hi there Jeff
Thanks a lot for the tips. I really appreciate it.

Welcome to Mavicpilots. I like a bright landing pad such as yellow or orange, so it would be #1. These colors are more visible from 100+ feet up than the blue.

If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

I buy, sell and repair DJI products and accessories and also teach people how to fly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS