DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Las Vegas Checking in...here to learn but for now I am just guy looking to Fly

Just take it slow.
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

I know I maybe shamed for this...I bought a Mavic 2 Zoom a year ago and was afraid to crash it so I never flew it. But I have been out twice in the last week and I am so mad at myself to not taking it out and having fun. Thank you all in advance for being a supportive and open to this Newb!!!

Welcome to the Mavic 2 Zoom Family

Dont forget you have the Super High Res Picture that the zoom can take and its really easy and fun to use.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 2 Zoom in the rain and float on water.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

I know I maybe shamed for this...I bought a Mavic 2 Zoom a year ago and was afraid to crash it so I never flew it. But I have been out twice in the last week and I am so mad at myself to not taking it out and having fun. Thank you all in advance for being a supportive and open to this Newb!!!
Dear Builderbill,
No shame at all. Jealousy, maybe a tad bit, but then I really haven't mastered my Mavic Air 1 yet, so why should I really be at all jealous? Have fun, be careful, and keep reading here. I've learned a lot here, and I have to admit that if I had listened to lots of free instructions online I wouldn't have needed the PilotInstitute course that I took for beginners, but that did put it all together for me, so just saying if you need something to help you with general things there are multiple sources out there. Best wishes, have fun, and no flying over nuclear plants, we have had enough of that lately. Oh, and until you really know what you are doing, it is OK to set the return to home feature to trigger at 30% or so. Just saying, I learned that and a lot more here. Happy reading, happy flying.
Kurt

Bought your drone a year ago and afraid to fly? Shame on you! I’ve been flying for 4 years and still experience a degree of anxiety flying a new drone or location. Not flying is unacceptable on this forum! First off, buy drone insurance. I pay $60/year to State Farm which covers all of my drones. I’m more concerned about losing footage, but I carry multiple SD cards.
When you’re just starting out, fly at slightly higher altitudes so you’re less likely to hit something. Take pics and panos and work your way up to cinematic looking video by flying straight and using gimbal tilt for dramatic effect. Course corrections and yaw make bad video clips. Soften your gimbal settings to the lowest. Practice gentle sweeping turns to follow land forms with the lightest touch on the left stick.
Review and post your pics and footage for others to comment.

Welcome to the Mavic pilot forum BB!!!
This is a great place to gain confidence in your investment!! Have fun with it and check out You Tube for great videos on all aspects or questions you can think of !!
pilots here can offer good ideas to make flying safe and maintaining your drone !
Good luck from central Florida!!!

Welcome to the forum from the beautiful woods of Maine!
Don’t feel alone, I bought a P3P in 2016 and flew it about a dozen times and then put it away as I also was afraid to lose it. I bought a Mini and built up my flying skills and confidence and now the P3P is out of the closet and in the air. BTW, recently I bought a MA2 for those windy days. Lots of practice in an open field got me where I am today.
Fly safe and stay safe, and have fun!

Welcome to our Forum, from Hauptmann in Texas!

You'll find that flying your Mavic 2Z or any DJI quad is so easy. They practically fly themselves. This can lead to overconfidence.
Read the manual, and be conservative at first. Practice using “Find My Drone”. Chances are you will crash and perhaps lose your bird. Don't wait until that happens to learn how to recover a lost drone. Lots of good stuff to shoot throughout LV!. Whenever you need help, there are over 120,000 of us from around the world to assist you as you gain experience and grow as a pilot and photographer.

Glad to have you as a member!
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_2/avic+2+Pro+Zoom+User+Manual+V1.4.pdf

Welcome to the forum! :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaut