DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Last flight of my Avata - under Skakavitsa waterfall

Does "last" mean the encounter was fatal for the drone?
AJR has a song about socks escaping their "master" and having fun somewhere... might be she is floating somewhere free from me now as I can't find her after she fell in the river right above the waterfall ;)

Bummer Alex. :(

I enjoy watching you're content.

Hopefully you'll be up and running, flying soon. 👍

Reactions: alex_markov
Ohhhh no! You’ll always be “King of the Falls” & “King of the Forest” in my book Alex. I mean who else posts 2 videos a day, day in, day out! Very sad that this occurred, however I guess your “risk factor” was always higher than most. I’m hoping it won’t be long before your back again. 👍🏻🥇🍷

Ohhhh no! You’ll always be “King of the Falls” & “King of the Forest” in my book Alex. I mean who else posts 2 videos a day, day in, day out! Very sad that this occurred, however I guess your “risk factor” was always higher than most. I’m hoping it won’t be long before your back again. 👍🏻🥇🍷
She tried twice before the same - flying by herself but then she had better luck

I experienced a similar issue with my Avata. I was following a waterfall down keeping a slow pace staying 7 to 10 feet above the water, then all of the sudden the drone accelerated and went sideways into the water. I was withing 200 feet of the drone with good GPS signal. I recovered the Avata from the water it had water damage to the gimble, downward vision sensors, battery and control module. On a previous flight on the same day, I stopped to hover above the fall of the water to get a view of the water coming off the falls and the drone suddenly backed up and got into some tree limbs. I regained control and was able to bring the drone back. I am wandering if the lower sensor is causing the out-of-control condition when over water at slow speeds.

Last edited:
I experienced a similar issue with my Avata. I was following a waterfall down keeping a slow pace staying 7 to 10 feet above the water, then all of the sudden the drone accelerated and went sideways into the water. I was withing 200 feet of the drone with good GPS signal. I recovered the Avata from the water it had water damage to the gimble, downward vision sensors, battery and control module. On a previous flight on the same day, I stopped to hover above the fall of the water to get a view of the water coming off the falls and the drone suddenly backed up and got into some tree limbs. I regained control and was able to bring the drone back. I am wandering if the lower sensor is causing the out-of-control condition when over water at slow speeds.
My experiments show that this is the problem, but The Problem is that in this case, Avata is not listening to commands :(

I would agree. When I lost control and crashed into the water I had excellent signal strength from the controller to the drone and could not alter the action of the drone.
Here is a link to another Avata crash that appears similar to what we both have experienced. Notice in this video the signal strength shown on the controller is good but the Avata will not respond to commands.

Sorry for your loss, Alex. That was a very nice last hurrah and I hope you're back up and running soon.

Well Alex I still avidly check out your videos and that is a real 'bugger' moment.
I always like the way you push the envelope on your flights but I'd even hazard to say this was one that didn't seem to have many problems compared to some of your previous flights.
Hope you purchase another and take us out there again.

Murphy's law......are you Insured?
Yes, waiting for DJI to decide how to proceed, on previous encounters they concluded "it's your fault fliyng over water" luckily than Avata was unharmed. DJI never admit theyr errors even Mavic 3 6 monts of slow GPS lock was never admited despite they broke it wit firmware and they fixed it with FW but it took them 6 monts and no word of remorse ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bant18