DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Latest picture of mine

Good photo. In my opinion, it's just a little too dark, but I definitely like what I see. Those clouds look like they're ready to spill their guts on the people below.

Reactions: wsteele and zeNitro
Good photo. In my opinion, it's just a little too dark, but I definitely like what I see. Those clouds look like they're ready to spill their guts on the people below.
? that happens here in ireland quite often ? me personally like darker photos

? that happens here in ireland quite often ? me personally like darker photos
I also am a fan of Darker Pictures however not of the Noise in the sky , you can use the Luminance in Lightroom to knock that out , than add back a little Clarity and its smooth as silk.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and Capture the Storm

Reactions: zeNitro
I like the shot. Like others I think there is too much color that could make this shot really pop. I was experimenting with the new On1 Photo Raw 2022 program that was just released and this is what I came up with. I could probably come back and darken a few localized areas, but this was done with the AI feature with a layer to keep the sky dark. Had I done it in Photoshop it could be even more spectacular. Hope you don't mind me taking the liberty.

1633212797722.png

I went the opposite way with Light Room and made the OP picture even darker and highlighted the Ireland bank .
The effect draws you to the storm as you feel its presence . Dark pictures can be awesome when the storm is the focus.

2021-10-02_19h04_39.png

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the rain .

Reactions: zeNitro
I went the opposite way with Light Room and made the OP picture even darker and highlighted the Ireland bank .
The effect draws you to the storm as you feel its presence . Dark pictures can be awesome when the storm is the focus.

View attachment 135660

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the rain .
Yes... One could go darker. But in doing so you, IMO, it is important to maintain detail in the dark areas and a direction to lead the eye, which can be done with selective areas, keeping the mood, but still showing more colors throughout. Modifiying further in Photoshop I darkened bright areas of the sky, brought down the luminance of the buildings through a vignetting technique, yet keeping a richer color and keeping the center of the image a bit brighter providing a direction in which to guide the eye through. So many ways to approach this image.

1633275232752.png

1633274766554.png

Last edited:
Poor OP has not had a chance yet to say if he approves of everyone playing with his photo. It was a little too dark though, for having been edited by the OP in LR.

Poor OP has not had a chance yet to say if he approves of everyone playing with his photo. It was a little too dark though, for having been edited by the OP in LR.
He submitted it to the forum which is for the exchange of ideas.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom