DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Learning the phot skills with a drone

FGHTFIRE05

Reactions
Learning photo skills with my Mavic Pro platinum, this is a untouched unedited photo just seeing what everyone’s opinions is on one of my photos. Don’t be afraid to be honest
cefae661165c7a959216088994db80c1.jpg

I personally myself don't do a lot of photo shooting with my mavic my girlfriend is the photographer she loves doing all kinds of stuff even with different types of cameras not just her drone she said It would look good with HDR to brighten up the leaves or brighten up the picture or do some photo bracketing on the mavic and blend them together with you can do in LIGHTROOM thats what she would of done other than that it's a great picture

Yea I hadn’t sent it to photo edit on my computer yet, I did the photo bracket with drone just have to compose them together just playing around thought it looked cool to catch one car thinking where they might be traveling towards. But I do appreciate feed back I just started really getting into photos myself started some online classes learning everything I can. Just a fun hobby it really helps my ptsd and anxiety when I fly and take my mind off the world for a little bit.

Reactions: Rattydude77
Ya she also has a 5d mark 4 so she added the mavic 2 pro to her collection and so I got my self the zoom

Nice I got the Mavic platinum pro a few months back took me a month to decide on what one I wanted I couldn’t splurge for the Mavic 2 just yet but would have liked too. But my daughter and I like flying and seeing what we can do with it for photos.

Time well spent together is worth every penny my oldest boy got the spark and my youngest got the tello I'm thinking the spark for Christmas for him if has stay interested I got my self the DJI goggles and man what a difference from the smart controller

I like it. All about line and shape. The content of the shapes is nearly irrelevant but the car draws it back from the nearly abstract. It will be neat to see it post process.

Learning photo skills with my Mavic Pro platinum, this is a untouched unedited photo just seeing what everyone’s opinions is on one of my photos. Don’t be afraid to be honest
cefae661165c7a959216088994db80c1.jpg

Great shot about 375 to 400 ft im thinking and safe as you are clearly not over the cars so well done.

Now since there are no FAA rules you are clearly aloud to take creative license and I would in a photo like this with that said, use some editing and clean up the trash on the road, mabye get rid of the over grown grass on the upper pathway, and than contrast it up , add some yellow color to get the road lines more defined.

BOOM your at the next level and your first Stock photo is on its way.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in and out of the storm.
Coal

Last edited:
One tip I will pass on from my 35mm days is the one third rule, as in one third land & two thirds sky or the main subject in one of the thirds or at least not central.

One of the first things I learned in art is that if you put a dot in the centre of a canvas that's all you have a dot in the centre but if you put a dot off centre your eyes see the dot then auto look for the centre thus creating movement in a still image.

No offence intended but your picture is so geometric (nothing wrong with that for certain subjects) but for a little experiment try cropping it so things aren't so central and see if you like the results.

This is what I was trying to convey, I know it’s still a little geometric but I hope you can get an idea.

I like the golden ratio, added a little clean up of the trash and such: Clean up took about 60 seconds , added the golden ratio, that was spot on nice brett.

Reactions: brett8883
That’s the direction I was heading I just loaded my photos into my Mac what software are you guys using? I’m looking for something better then iMovie the Mac has but don’t want to spend a fortune on one just learning it. Thanks for the advice from everyone didn’t expect for y’all to edit to yalls perspectives that’s cool

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
One tip I will pass on from my 35mm days is the one third rule, as in one third land & two thirds sky or the main subject in one of the thirds or at least not central.

One of the first things I learned in art is that if you put a dot in the centre of a canvas that's all you have a dot in the centre but if you put a dot off centre your eyes see the dot then auto look for the centre thus creating movement in a still image.

No offence intended but your picture is so geometric (nothing wrong with that for certain subjects) but for a little experiment try cropping it so things aren't so central and see if you like the results.
So if I’m under standing this correctly the rule of thirds is mostly used for landscape shots?

So if I’m under standing this correctly the rule of thirds is mostly used for landscape shots?
Here’s your assignment for the week:
Take one picture from each of these techniques and report back.
This is the very basics of photography and you can have a good eye and take good shots but you have to know these things if you want to take it to the next level. Bonus points if you can incorporate more than 1 into a single frame.

Rule of thirds

Leading Lines,

Symmetry and Patterns

Point of View (makes your viewer imagine themselves in the frame.) bonus points if you can do this without an actual human your viewer is suppose to embody

Framing (elements in the photo create a natural frame) 74487
I ripped these images from this article but which is a good read but focus on these here before moving on to other composition types of which there are many even more then are in this article

Here’s your assignment for the week:
Take one picture from each of these techniques and report back.
This is the very basics of photography and you can have a good eye and take good shots but you have to know these things if you want to take it to the next level. Bonus points if you can incorporate more than 1 into a single frame.

Rule of thirds
View attachment 74483

Leading Lines,
View attachment 74484

Symmetry and Patterns
View attachment 74485

Point of View (makes your viewer imagine themselves in the frame.) bonus points if you can do this without an actual human your viewer is suppose to embody
View attachment 74486

Framing (elements in the photo create a natural frame) View attachment 74487
I ripped these images from this article but which is a good read but focus on these here before moving on to other composition types of which there are many even more then are in this article
Hey thanks I will definitely work on this I really appreciate the help may take me a little longer then a week to get this done due to work schedule I’m sure I can get a few done once I find good locations around my community. I’m gonna send a private chat to you thanks for the help again.

Reactions: brett8883
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78