DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Legacy drone Info Please... UK pilot

1hoax

Reactions
Some advice pls, I want to get a Mavic 2p and (maybe) do the A2 cofc but am unsure what to make of the new laws down the road regarding ‘legacy drones etc’
Am I best to wait and get a c2 classified drone. Pls help and explain as I’m unsure on everything : /
Thanks as always : )

European Union Classification.

This is what I am also doing, with a lot of effort. Waiting for the new drones with CE certifications markings (C0->C4)

My fingers are itching bad to purchase a Mavic Air 2, but I don't, since I know I will not be able to fly it in urban areas from January 2023. I believe by summer we will see new drones with new certification markings.

If you don’t have a drone already, you can purchase a Mini 2. This will not become legacy from 2023.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gagey52
@1hoax no drone currently on sale in the UK ,has the new C class classification ,the MM and Mini2 are going to be able to fly as they do now after 2023 but even so they are still classed as legacy
the other thing to remember is in order to be able to fly a drone in the A2 class thats heavier than 250g after the end of 2022 then you will need to have the A2 C of C

Reactions: Alan_M and Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet