DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
Hey all, before I "list" this video
I'd like to know if what I've shot is strictly legal.
I flew under 400 feet the whole time.
Someone told me flying close to barges is like "homeland security" illegal.

Anyone have any pointers with this?
Thanks!
-Ross

Beautiful video and song.

Seen guys get a lot closer to ships than that. Excellent video, I wish I had that kind of skill. I would suggest you avoid flying near military ships though, it might not get back.

I got some really great shiii-stuff flying near a ship and because the ipad screen seemed to be in focus I thought I was good, only to get home and pull the card and learn that I had a bunch of out focus footage of my best flight of that day!

Seen guys get a lot closer to ships than that. Excellent video, I wish I had that kind of skill. I would suggest you avoid flying near military ships though, it might not get back.

Did some similar "near ship" flying with Frits the other day. My fear?

First officer: Captain, two small drones off to starboard, range 200 yards and closing.
Captain: Recommendation?
First officer: Break out the shotgun, Sir?
Captain: I get first shot!

I got some really great shiii-stuff flying near a ship and because the ipad screen seemed to be in focus I thought I was good, only to get home and pull the card and learn that I had a bunch of out focus footage of my best flight of that day!

That blows. Been there.

Definitely one of the best I've seen on the forums here. Great job! Could you post your sunrise settings and post production tips.

Reactions: rossmoney
Definitely one of the best I've seen on the forums here. Great job! Could you post your sunrise settings and post production tips.
Hi! Thanks for the feedback!
I honestly can't remember what the settings were at the time I flew so i looked back at the metadata.. it says "HD (1-1-1)" not sure if that helps?
I think I may have added a little contrast but that's about it.

Wow! I'm very impressed. Smooth flying with perfect framing and excellent post production. Your friend sounds great as well. Thank you!

Hey all, before I "list" this video
I'd like to know if what I've shot is strictly legal.
I flew under 400 feet the whole time.
Someone told me flying close to barges is like "homeland security" illegal.

Anyone have any pointers with this?
Thanks!
-Ross
Beautiful video. Very nicely done. As to legality - it looks like no issues. I was actually surprised that Elliott Bay was fine from an airspace/flight restriction standpoint but checked the charts and it's good-to-go. Wish I had something that scenic closer to me instead of miles and miles of flatness and pine trees.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78