DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lenovo M8 Adapter for RC

SilverMiner67

Reactions
Just wanted to let everyone know that I designed an adapter to let you use the RC with a Lenovo M8 8" tablet that works great. The M8 will run the Fly App but you do have to download the APK as it won't show up in the store. The STL is up on Thingiverse.

.adapter2.jpgadapter1.jpg

Nice design. I do worry about the extra force of heavier tablets resting on the thin aluminum antenna tubes, that were never designed for that kind of weight from above, resting on them, at the back edge, with the unbalanced combination wanting to fall away from the pilot. Thoughts?

Reactions: SilverMiner67
Nice design. I do worry about the extra force of heavier tablets resting on the thin aluminum antenna tubes, that were never designed for that kind of weight from above, resting on them, at the back edge, with the unbalanced combination wanting to fall away from the pilot. Thoughts?
It's not touching the antennae rods directly, the clamping force of the stock set up seems adequate to hold it well and the design prevents slippage in all directions. Yes it's heavier than a phone but I wouldn't think it would be a major issue as long as you don't routinely wipsaw your controller back and forth, lol. I guess time will tell but I don't expect any problems from holding it as you aren't normally apply that many g forces with normal movements.

Post the link. How is the M8 in sunlight?

I don't think it's any worse or better than typical tablet, so in direct sunlight it washes out as you might expect.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treknotika